“Great day out” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 11 Activities in Kinsale
Type: Art Galleries, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre offer short courses in a wide range of arts and crafts throughout the year. These include pottery, stained and fused glass, jewellery-making, mosaics, batik, needle felting, weaving and rag weaving,sculpting in silver and childrens arts and crafts. We specialise in one-day workshops and weekend breaks for visitors, and half-day sessions for groups of between 6 and 50 people. The Centre also has a large gallery of Adrian Wistreich's ceramics.
Cobh, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

we had a wonderful day which was fun and informative and we came away with some nice (in our eyes anyway) pieces that we will proudly display at home.
Well worth a visit

dublin
“Weekend of Mosiac Tile Making”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a fab weekend which i enjoyed thoroughly.The course covered the art of Mosiac tile making and I did the course with my mum.Having just had a small baby it was nice to get break away but the peacefulness and the uniqueness of the place coupled with an excellent teacher made it a weekend that was over before we knew it.Julie was a great teacher who allowed you to blossom and develop in the course to your own rhytmn.i would highly recomend this course as you get so much from it.....

Cork
“"me time!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've just completed a weekend introduction to mosaic course in Kinsale Pottery and it was wonderful. It was a great way to unwind while creating and learning a new skill. Our tutor Julie was just lovely, and very talented. From start to finish, it was really relaxing and calm. Thanks lots.

Cork, Ireland
“1 Day Taster Pottery Course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall a very enjoyable day & surprising how much you can get made in the time that you have - classes are a nice size & very relaxed - it would definately get me thinking of signing up for the 10 week course 1 night a week .
If you havent tried it before i would reccomend giving it a go.
My only criticisms would be firstly the centre is not very well sign posted coming from east & west Cork , i think this would benefit the centre, secondly i think if in the course description it was mentioned that you would be making a plaque & a sculpture & that you should have some idea of what you would like to design this would help & lastly when painting your pieces i think more vibrate colours should be available.

Visited September 2012
“Fabulous amazing peaceful fun experience all rolled into one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

From the minute we got their til the minute we left I loved the whole experience! Totally unwound forgot about work and had the best day ever! If I won the lotto I would do this every day! My son did art while myself and my mom did the pottery day. We did 3 types of pottery was great to try them all. The place was fab, the surroundings beautiful and the teacher great. We collected our work and it looked great :)
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to escape from pressures of everyday life and to unwind and enjoy themselves.