“This is proper food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“This is proper food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Superb dishes, perfectly presented at reasonable cost. Incredibly friendly people who just wanted to improve the whole experience in every way. A joy from coming in the door to regretfully having to go home. We will be back!

Visited March 2013

Ireland
“Lovely restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We dined here on Saturday 17th march, it was so warm & welcoming, the staff were so friendly and the food was fab and very reasonable! Next time we are in Kinsale we will be back!!! Nicest meal I have had in a long time :)

Rochester
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We dined there Monday March 4th, 2013. The owner was also our waitress and was so pleasant and knowledgeable about cuisine and wine. A great place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Best restaurant experience I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

So I'm writing this review a few years since I had my meal , so who is to say that it isn't as good or even better than when I ate there but what inspired me to write this review when using my thinking cap for filling out restaurants award voting for for the independent newspaper I had to think about my best wine experience, best gastro pub, best customer service and of course best chef. Well the day myself and my mother arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady, Anne Marie and when we went through the menu with her I told her I never had lobster before, and she told me about the different ways they serve it. When I told her which she'd recommend she went into the back to talk to her husband the chef and he said, as it was low season and they were pretty quiet that night he would prepare it both ways, but normally he would not be able to do this for a customer. Well I must say, I've had lobster since in some very upmarket restaurants and none have come close to this lobster. Infact I always feel I'm comparing my meal to the meal we had that night in Max's. Anne Marie continued to take such good care of us, and the food throughout the meal was truly the best, most enjoyable meal I've ever had. Sadly I have not been to Kinsale since, but I will defo be going to Max's next time I'm down, and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, not only for the great food, but the wonderful overall eating experience we had in this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisiana
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant was close to my B&B. Stopped in on a whim and was absolutely blown away by the food. All meats were purchased locally and the food was prepared perfectly. The service was absolutely lovely as well. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food in Kinsale.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere