“Perfect venue for a Wedding......” 5 of 5 stars

Muckross, Clonakilty, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmslow
“Perfect venue for a Wedding......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Myself and my wife had our Wedding Reception at Dunmore house at the end of May. The staff at the hotel couldn't have done more to make this day absolutely perfect. They go out of their way to cater for your needs and requirements and can't do enough for you. They were very flexible for things like the food menu and a number of the guests commented that it was the best food they'd ever eaten at a Wedding Reception. The actual location is amazing and the guests were really impressed, especially the one's from overseas who hadn't been to the area before (like my family!). The lodges at the rear of the hotel were also ideal for my family who found them ideal for staying in with their young children. I can't imagine a better location for a wedding!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Was there over the weekend and found the staff to be unhelpful. The food wasn't nice at all and I recomment people avoid room 504, it was small & uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Held a family party at Dunmore this weekend - it was nothing short of excellent. The venue, food, service and staff were amazing!! Nothing was too much trouble for Management and Staff - if you're planning a Wedding or Party, this is definitely the place to have it. Huge thanks for all at Dunmore ...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I love this part of Ireland - it's amazing, especially when the sun shines. We booked Dunmore Hse last minute. I'd called around and Inchadoney across the way was full for the night we were looking for. To be honest I was a bit surprised Dunmore Hse were charging the same price as Inchadoney who also offer an additional Spa, Restuarant and Leisure Centre. However when I asked the lady on the phone, she made the fair point that they are a local business on a smaller scale and offer more personalised service and promised lovely rooms.
In fairness, we were impressed by the rooms. Lovely wallpaper, great space and fab views. Would have been extra impressed if there's been a wee fridge too. Our first room had no bath so we requested to move and they v kindly accomodated us straight away. The next room did have the bath, however no Tea & Coffee making facilities which was odd (in fairness we only notice the next day when we went to use them), as the last room had had them.
My main complaint about our stay was the building works going on outside the hotel the whole time we were there. They were laying down cobblelock stones to create a sun terrace. The noise of the stone cutter/angle grinder really ruined the entire atmosphere and defeated the whole purpose of getting away to a peaceful location to sit with an open balcony door to look out at the sea. It started at 9am the next morning again and when I rang down to reception to ask could they knock it off for an hour or so I was told v sympathetically no probably not - which along with the noise outside really just annoyed me more!! In the end they called back after 9.30 to say it was going to be stopped, but at that stage I was up and already pi**ed off..... I wouldn't have minded so much only we had booked the room just the day before and there'd been no mention of it. Also, the hotel cannot have been busy mid week for the previous few months - this was the week between Easter and the MAy Bank Holiday - surely a peak time!!?? It's this lack of consideration for the customer that unfortunaetly just disappointed me hugely..... it's just not smart.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed in Dunmore for our friend's wedding last August. Having heard mixed reviews on tripadvisor I wasn't sure what to expect. I could make this long but to summarize: location was spectacular, food was delicious, accommodation was beautiful, clean and comfortable but by a long shot the best feature of this hotel was the staff. They simply could not do enough for us. My friend who got married said they were a dream to deal with all through the planning and it showed on the day. It felt like they had invited us into their family home. It didn't hurt that they kept the residents bar going until late the next morning for us either ;)

The only thing I would watch out for is that while my room was beautiful, there seemed to be a bit of variation in the standards of rooms but all at the same price which seemed odd. I thought €80 for the night was perfectly reasonable for my room as it was gorgeous but a bit steep for some of the older rooms. Oh and there's no fitness/leisure centre. We didn't want one for just the night for a wedding but if that's what you're looking for it's not that kind of hotel! :) Also, if the weather allows you should make the most of the front patio with its views. We ducked down to check it out but I'd say in nice weather that would be absolutely beautiful with those views!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed here a couple of years ago and re-encountered it on trip advisor when looking for places to stay again while visiting my cousins in Clon. From what I remember it was a nice enough place with ok food, but not the fantastic stuff written about here.sure,the staff are friendly but don't get involved when there's a complaint ie about other peoples kids. My sister and mam stayed here last summer and were driven mental by other guests kids running amok after a wedding. The staff were nice about it she said but didn't chastise the guests about it. I think for my own family break - and my boys both under 5 are very well behaved- we will be staying elsewhere

• Stayed August 2010
cork ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My Daughter,s Wedding recption was held In Dunmore House on Oct 2. We had a lovely Receiption and Carol and her staff were wnderfull to us. Nothig was too much trouble for them . Food was excellent and the Accomadation was top class, we had friends thatcame from abroad and they tell us they will be back

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Dunmore House Hotel? Share your experiences!