“Not impressed!!! not value for money” 2 of 5 stars

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Clonakilty, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
cork
“Not impressed!!! not value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I stayed in the apartment for 2 nights, and found the accommodation basic not very clean with a broken bin and toilet. On check out the reception staff tried to charge me 150e more and refused to believe me until i got receipts out of the apartment bins!! This weekend was a birthday treat from my family but i felt upset and not pampered on departure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Kilkenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I arrived in Inchydoney on a very wet Sunday morning and had treatments booked for the day. The Staff were expectionally nice and professional. The relaxation area was peaceful not even the rain on the window could dampen my spirits! My room was top class. Breakfast always a treat in Inchdoney, loads of choice and the view is just stunning. As Monday was also raining I took to the gym and then went to the relaxation room and chilled out till I decided to put on the waterproofs and go for a lovely long walk down the beach and through the sand dunes, most refreshing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Dunboyne, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

From the moment we walked in, to the moment we drove out, the staff in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa couldn't do enough for us, a truly great week-end.
All the Management in Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa should be very proud of all the staff. Both myself & my wife had a wonderful time there this weekend, which coinsided with our 11th Wedding anniversary.
Surf School Staff (Luke) was a great guy, my wife can't swim & he made her feel safe & secure in the water, brilliant time.

Again Thank you for a great week-end. 5 Star treatment..above & beyond.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kingdom of Kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Amazing hotel. We were greeted on arrival by the very friendly receptionist Trish and escorted to our room by Reuben. All the staff we met during our stay were friendly and professional. Edel the Spa therapist, gave me the best facial that I have ever had! It was bliss. I would highly recommend the hotel to anybody wanting a spa break. The facilities were fab, clean and well maintained.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

My boyfriend surprised me with a return trip to inchydoney, we stayed before and it was good this time it was just perfect. from once we checked in.. the location is just the job. the bar was great good food and great service. the spa was fab! i had a massage & a facial which were lovely and the heated sea water pool was savage.. i really enjoyed it and cant wait to go back THANKS!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have had the pleasure of staying at Inchydoney twice now and on both accasions my stay has been amazing, you can't better the location looking out onto the ocean and taking a relaxed walk on the beech, I just love it there.

I have to say that on one accassion the room was so hot I had trouble sleeping but this was sorted the following day.

The thing that makes it for me is the location and the staff, the staff remember you from one year to the next and always take the time to talk to you, I have even been spoken to in the local town by staff who remembered me from breakfast. Peter on the management team is especially helpful and always looks after us and welcomes us back.

I look forward to returning to Ireland

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Beautiful location. Excellant attentive and friendly staff. Delicious food both in the gulfstream restaurant and dunes bar and bistro. Superb room with balcony. Out of this world views. Nice spa. Very comfortable and relaxing hotel. If you are looking for a holiday away from it all then this is the place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!