“Ate lunch in the restaurant - class” 5 of 5 stars

Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Clonakilty, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Clonakilty
Dublin, Ireland
“Ate lunch in the restaurant - class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were here only incidentally whilst out driving from our base in Clonakilty. After a few hours on the strand the kids were hungry (so was I!) so I thought - let's try this hotel place across the road.
Despite the place being jammed, the manager quickly opened another area and sat us at a table and found us a high-chair. The food was quick in coming and very good. The service was flawless and friendly. I will definatly eat here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear sean.casaidhe

Thank you so much for taking the time to write you lovely review of your lunch in Dunes. I'm delighted that you found the service and quality of food of such high standard. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Most of our meat and ingredients are sourced locally in West Cork and we pride ourselves on high quality food, presentation and service.

Thank you once again for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back to us again in the not too distant future.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Attended a retirement function for my brother last night and could not find a single fault with the hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food was delicious. What more could you ask for?! How lucky we are to have such a great establishment in West Cork. Keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mairead0077

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the food & service at your brother's retirement party. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much and thank you for your well wishes.

We look forward to seeing you here again at the hotel and thank you once more for your kind review.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here in April 2014 for two nights. My husband passed away two months previously and I wanted to take some time out for myself and relax.

From the start of my stay to the end I found the staff to be so helpful and welcoming. Their warmth was second to none and they went out of their way to make my stay pleasant.

The location is amazing. I think every room has a sea view and its own balcony at Inchydoney. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to sit and have my lunch on the balcony while looking out at the beach. And the beds/pillows were so comfortable. I had two great nights' sleep while I was there.

I had dinner in the restaurant on both evenings I was there, and was lucky enough to be seated at a window table one of the evenings (after another couple had finished at their table), and at breakfast on the morning I was leaving. It made my day, as Inchydoney was one of the places my husband and I had visited while staying in Clonakilty in 2013.

The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. I think a five course dinner was about €50 which I thought was reasonable given the quality and the service. I honestly couldn't fault a single thing about the food. Dinner was delicious on both evenings, and there was something for everyone at the breakfast buffet - the array of food was exceptional.

The spa was amazing. I had availed of a package that included a seawater massage bath (lovely) and a massage (wonderful). I also had a facial which left my skin feeling fantastic. The relaxation room was beautiful. I could have stayed there all day in that bright airy room looking out at the ocean.

I spent a lot of time the following day in the seawater therapy pool. Its a great idea to have set times for children at the pool as it means there are quiet periods during the day for those who prefer it that way.

There were so many lovely little touches too - the glass of Irish Mist on arrival, the chocolates left on the bed with the weather card, the bathrobe and slippers, and the lovely little pot of jam at departure. And I was pleasantly surprised to see the email thanking me for filling in the comments card at reception.

If there was any one thing I'd ask (and it's very minor), it would be that the door out onto the verandah from the lounge on the third floor be put on a slow close hinge as the constant banging of it as people went in and out was a little annoying. It's a small thing though.

All in all I enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back. I came home feeling more relaxed and at peace. And my stay brought back many happy memories of my husband.

Thank you to all the staff at Inchydoney Island Lodge and Spa for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear SusanM

First of all let me pass on our sincere sympathies to you from all the management and staff at Inchydoney on the passing of your husband and we are here to help in any way we can.

I would like to thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I have passed on you comments to the management & staff and they are delighted. We are so pleased that we all helped you to have a relaxing and comfortable weekend here.

Don't be a stranger and we all wish you well. Thank you again most sincerely for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Best wishes & warm regards,
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

It was our third visit and we intend continuing with our annual trip. We have stayed in all of the top hotels in Ireland and many abroad and it surpasses all of them. The location of the hotel, with its proximity to the beach; the warm, welcoming and efficient staff, the locally sourced food - what more could you ask for !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Catherine308

Thank you so much for your very kind review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm so thrilled to see that you plan to make us an annual destination. We look forward to welcoming you back as we have in he past.

Thank you once again and see you soon.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Loved our stay here, staff are lovely, food in the bar was excellent, great wine recommendations too. The spa is good but not does not have a luxurious feel. Rooms are fabulous, great views of the beach and sea, balcony with lovely reclining wooden chairs and a nespresso coffee machine and chocolates just to finish it off. Beach here is lovely and clean. Looking forward to returning

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear turasmaith

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful time here and enjoyed the food and wine and the Nespresso machines in the bedrooms here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future and thank you once again for your kind review.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

when I saw the nespresso coffee machine in the bedroom I knew it was going to be an enjoyable stay. We stayed one night and will definately stay again. Excellent service, cleanliness, food ect. The seawater pool and changing rooms are excellecnt.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maura C

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted that you like that we have Nespresso machines in all our rooms and that you enjoyed the food and pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future. Thank you once more.

Castlerea, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here and the first time with our children, The staff are brilliant, so polite, friendly and helpful, we arrived at 2;30 (check in is 3) and they apologised for the room not being ready!
Food is excellent and the residents lounge is a very relaxing place to eat or enjoy a drink.
Very family friendly with all the little requests that make children happy catered for.
We will be spending more holidays here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear BryanH1

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review of your stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm delighted to see that you brought back to family to stay with you on your second visit and that they all enjoyed themselves so much.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you once again for your kind review.

Proprietor

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!