“a heavenly place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
sittingbourne
“a heavenly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you want to visit a Spa Hotel, in the most Beautiful, of settings, with a real irish, restaurant and pub. Miles of perfectly gorgeous views,a huge and very safe beach for the children, only a few miles from Clonakilty town, a real old style farming town, famous for its Black pudding,some good pubs and restaurants and cafes etc. or if you just want to relax in a truly tranquil setting and unwind, then this is the place to be.It is only around 40miles from CORK, city, on the south west coast of Ireland.Surrounded by sand dunes, and totally not commercialised.I have visited this place and the surrounding areas for many years.Only around, 10miles from the famous fishing town of KINSALE. C LONAKILTY, also has a model railway village, the kids will love it.

Room Tip: A room as high up as possible is advised, so you benefit from a truly fabulous view out across the i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear james p

thank for your lovely review. Yes, we are blessed to be so close the wonderful town of Clonakilty and all that it has to offer. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and beach also. As a regular visitor to the area, we do hope to see you back in Inchydoney again soon.

Kind regards

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Inchydoney Spa Hotel and had a wonderful time. We were greeted on arrival with Irish Mist in the lobby and chocolates when we got to our room. They also gave us a copy of a photography book based on West Cork... lovely gesture. We enjoyed many walk on beautiful beaches and wild sand dunes.The scenery is quiet fabulous.The hotel itself is well decorated and the lounges are cosy and plush. The food was very good and the views from the dining room are amazing. Their hearty breakfast is fuel for the day. The spa centre is calm and peaceful with reading rooms and relaxing areas, fresh juices and fruit available.I enjoyed a spa treatment and swims in the pool etc. The staff at all times were friendly and courteous. We had a lovely time and plan to return soon to rent one of their holiday apartments with some friends when we hope to indulge in more spa treatments. Well done.

Room Tip: Choose one with a sea view and balcony and enjoy the sunsets of West Cork . Not to mention a fine br...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Una1234

Thank you for your lovely comments, its sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us here.

We do hope you take the time to come again to West Cork in the near future,

kind regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a recent stay at Inchydoney and thought it was very good. There was a lovely Christmas atmosphere in the lobby and we were greeted with hot chocolate & mulled wine on arrival. The room was very spacious and had a fantastic ocean view. The food was lovely in the bar, but the breakfast was only okay. The staff are very pleasant and friendly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Stephen T

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. I'm so glad that you had such an enjoyable time here with us & I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

On the coast with lots of rooms including snooker rooms, good value, great scenic location with fab food. Highly recommend staying her. Service is excellent and genuine, worth bringing your walking boots

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear murtdublin

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review of you stay here at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, I'm glad you had such a nice break and enjoyed so many aspects of your time here.

I hope we see you again soon with your walking boots.

Thank you once more.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this weekend as it was my wife's birthday, I must say it was fabulous.
My work takes me to Hotels all over the country and the attention to detail is 2nd to none in Inchydoney.
On arrival in the room was happy Birthday made out in chocolate, and it was just the start of a great visit.
The food, staff and hotel were brilliant and I would highly recommend it.
can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 021Corkman

I'm delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your birthday at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa and that we helped to make it a memorable birthday for you. I'm chuffed to see that you put Inchydoney on your best hotels list as you are such a well travelled man and have stayed in hotels all over the world.

Thanks so much for your very kind review & we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have happily submitted to the magnetic pull of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa for many years now and have witnessed all the changes over the years which have made this Hotel the wonderful place it is today.. I stayed there in May and again this month for four lovely days of R&R. The location of the hotel is absolutely superb. The bedrooms are very comfortable and all upper floors have balconies. No Hotel is complete without the friendliness, helpfulness and attention of its Staff and these Inchydoney Island Hotel has in abundance. I decided to have a muscle massage in the Spa which totally relaxed my body. I walked on the glorious beaches which totally relaxed my mind and I was delighted to see that the once gloomy Dunes Bar has now been redecorated and is a bright and cheerful place to relax in. As I had already experienced the excellent Menu in the Gulf Stream Restaurant in the main Hotel, I decided to eat in the Dunes.The service was excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Brown Soda Bread Open Sandwich with Coolea Cheese, salsa sauce and salad.
I found Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa to be a truly Holistic experience .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Geraldine H

Wow, what a wonderful review and description of you stay at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa. Thank you for your lovely compliments and for sharing them with everyone. I'm delighted that you receive the true 'Inchydoney Experience' every time you visit us and we are delighted to welcome you over the years. Yes its a great place for some R&R with the tranquil beaches & the Island Spa and I'm so glad that you love the food so much.

Thank you your lovely review & we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door our visit was special.The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble, our room was lovely and absolutely spotless.
The first night we ate in the bar, great atmosphere, live music the place had a buzz. The food was to die for - try the Chowder!!
Will definitely be back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Netherhall L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ireland. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in Dunes Pub & Bistro and the lively atmosphere.

Thank you once again & we will see you soon.

Proprietor

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!