“Superb stay :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clonakilty
Galway, Ireland
“Superb stay :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

From the moment we drove up towards the hotel I knew we were going to be looked after very well. There was a young man directing traffic and pointing out which car park, once we parked up the view was amazing we were looking out to the beautiful sandy beaches and the blue sea and this was before we got into the hotel.

Our bags were taken off us and brought into reception while I checked in we were asked did we want a refreshment, then the porter came and took our bags and brought us to our lovely room in which our view was fabulous looking out onto the sandy beach and sea I thought I am now in paradise. There was chocolates in our room and bottled water in the fridge and even a coffee maker wow!

There was 3 of staying in the room we had 3 single beds, and lovely soft pillows and flat screen tv. The bathroom was lovely had lots of shower gels, and even bath salts along with bath ropes and slippers for each of us. Even the bath towels were proper bath towels :)

The bar food was very nice I just wish I was a lover of fish the breakfast was delightful food with everything that you could think off they had.
Once your there you have to try the island spa for a relaxation this is the place to go.
It may be a bit pricey but you do get over and above for the price you pay.

Has for the staff they treated you like royalty, I could write all night but in one you have to try this place out you will not want to leave. It is a credit to each member of staff who work there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Yvonne

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely comprehensive review on Tripadvisor - it gave myself and the team great pleasure to read it.

I've passed on your kind words to all the team, who were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially House Keeping, Spa and the Chefs.

I very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for one night in june when working in west Cork. Great welcome at reception and room was very nice. Only negative was the bed was very soft which didnt suit me. Food in the bar was decent value & very good. Didnt get the chance to enjoy the spa which looks fab. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Luhoops

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your comments regarding your welcome to the Reception Team in particular and all the staff, who were delighted.

I very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa in the near future.

limerick ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

stayed at this hotel recently and it was fantastic,from the beautiful beach to the lovely setting of the cosy bar where they serve beautiful food. the beach is great for walking ,running or whatever
takes your fancy..lovely staff and great service tops it all..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Katalyn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and I have passed on your kind words to all the team, especially the Chefs, who were delighted to receive such high praise.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Please visit this hotel, it's really got something very special, I can't wait to return to this unique hotel, proud to be Irish when you visit such a beautiful place. Room 216 worth every penny. Food, staff, service, it's got it all and more.

• Stayed June 2013
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Aine

Thank you very much for your kind words on Tripadvisor.

I am very proud of the hotel and the staff who work here and like you feel it is a very special place. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Inchydoney in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here on a sunny weekend in early June and it was fantastic. The setting is simply amazing - right on the beach. Wonderful for early morning runs, late evening walks or for children, surfers and all beach lovers. Our room had a balcony with a view of the beach and the sea - lovely. The second highlight of our stay was our wonderful meal in the hotel's main restaurant. We have eaten in a lot of restaurants around the world, especially in France, but this meal could equal any one of them. Compliments to the Head Chef, Adam Medcalf. The staff in the hotel were so friendly and helpful and no request was too much trouble, even down to the (very particular) way I like my breakfast coffee. Food allergies were also handled without difficulty. The views over the sea in the breakfast room just added to the enjoyment. One final thing - you have just got to try the walnut bread. We would go back just for this, even if nothing else. You just have to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Holly

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review on Tripadvisor.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team, but especially to Adam Medcalf and his team, who really were thrilled to be mentioned and receive such high praise. We all love the walnut bread here, so I was delighted that you enjoy it as much as we do, its very popular with our guests.

I'm glad you found the staff friendly, I really am very proud of each and every one of them, so thank you for mentioning them.

I very much hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Inchydoney in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is in my top two hotels in Ireland. Everything about it is fantastic. The staff, service, food, facilities, value and accomidation are all excellent. If you want a relaxing place to go then I recommend this hotel highly. I keep going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Myles

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor.

I was especially pleased to read that Inchydoney is one of your two top hotels in Ireland.

I have passed on your kind comments to all the team, who were delighted to receive such high praise and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for a few nights and this place is incredible. Already looking to go back later this year. Stunning location, extremely helpful staff and well priced. Great place to stay and visit the local area, Clonakilty has great bars and theres lots to do also in the surrounding area. Truly magnificent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear thedoc342

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you thought the location was stunning and the staff were helpful and friendly. We pride ourselves on our staff and I have passed on your kind words to all the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Proprietor

Been to Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!