“Henry's Boutique-a fantastic place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Henry's Boutique Destination

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clonakilty
Henry's Boutique Destination
You added Henry's Boutique Destination to your Saves list
Donoure, Castlefreke, Clonakilty, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cork
“Henry's Boutique-a fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in Henry's Boutique for one night as we were attending a wedding in the nearby Dunmore House. My only regret is that we didn't stay for longer! On arrival, Marie dropped us to the wedding reception, recommended a taxi service to take us back and even had the electric blanket in for us on our return which we greatly appreciated in the early hours of the morning! After a fantastic breakfast served up to us by Marie, we had to be on our way but I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The rooms are beautiful, scenery is breathtaking and the hospitality was wonderful. I would love to return to this place and spend a little longer there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Hello Emma and Breifne, thank you for your positive review of Henrys. Am delighted with it. Its quite handy staying here when attending a Wedding in Dunmore. It was my pleasure to drive you there, so you both were able to have a drink and enjoy the Wedding. And as always its great to have the comfort of the electric blanket waiting in the early hours. It was great to meet you, and will look forward to seeing you again if in the area at any time. Appreciate. Best Regards. Marie. x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wonderful view and hospitality. Could not find fault. Great way to return to the tranquility and peace of nature. Overall excellent experience.

Room Tip: All rooms equally excellent
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hello Walter and Margaret,
Thank you. I hope you enjoyed your time here in West Cork. Spending a few days here at Henrys before meeting up with your walking group was a good idea. Ihope all went well and you enjoyed your planned walks with the group. which included Castlefreke Woods, which I really enjoy myself and never tire of. Puppies and myself set off most days for a good ramble around there. It was lovely to meet you, and I enjoyed your company. See you another time. Kind Regards. Marie.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of spending a week in Henry's B&B, the red room to be precise and what a joy! From the modern decor to the fantasic views and Marie's wonderful hosting, I couldn't fault this little piece of heaven in West Cork. I really can't recommend Henry's highly enough if you want to completely get away from it all and immerse yourself in exploring the local area by foot, bicycle or even kayak! Thank you Marie for such a warm welcome and I hope to see you again soon :-)

Room Tip: All rooms without exception have wonderful views and every comfort has been thought of and provided...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hello Tanya,
Thanking you for your review of 'Henrys' here in West Cork. I know you settled here well, and you found this wonderful area a pleasure to explore. I also enjoyed the walks with you, while I did not venture to the cycling and kayaking. Walking the Long Strand, up to the High Cross in Castlefreke Woods, than Rathbarry and Kilkern Lake Walk is proving to be so popular with all Guests. And Americans arriving today will also be introduced to these lovely walks. I will look froward to you coming for a weekend in the future, and bringing your little doggie to also enjoy the freedom around here. Nobby especially misses the attention you lavished on him. Hee. It is a great base here to stay and besides the natural activites, there are wonderful day trips to take, Kinsale, Baltimore and The Islands, Glandore, Skibereen, and lots more, so it really is a piece of Heaven to come to. And it was great you visited the Farme's Market in Clonakilty on the Friday morning before leaving for Dublin. Myself I always shop with the Lady from Dunworley who home grows amazingly fresh herbs, leaves just picked and so flavoursome, her eggs, jams, soups, etc. It is really the best stall there. Hope you really enjoyed all when you got home. Thanking you and looking forward, Marie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been down to Henry's three times now, and am already planning trip 4! My first trip was a relaxing activity weekend, my second a relaxed trip with my mum and most recently my boot camp weekend with Marie's son Karl. I thoroughly enjoyed each trip, in different ways but the recurring theme through all is Marie's fabulous hospitality and her fabulous cooking. Her porridge is the best (bar none) in Ireland and I thoroughly appreciated it last weekend after my 6 mile walk each morning;-). The rooms are beautiful, and the views from each room are therapeutic, you feel like you're hanging on the edge of a cliff, which in fact you are! It's really Marie's little touches that make the place so special, her welcome cards, her inspirational books, her roaring fires, her thoughlfullness of your every need:-) You'll fall in love with this part of the country and with Henry's charm and, like me, find it hard to return to reality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Hi Aisling, thank you so much for your wonderful review of Henrys. It was lovely to see you again. Thank you for the cooking compliments, as coming from a professional cook like yourself means a lot. I am glad you felt so well after your weekend, and will look forward to seeing you once again. West Cork has such a lot to offer, and Clonakilty is such a go-ahead town that we were so lucky to find this Hidden piece of Ireland, and able to share it with Guests. Like yourself I find Foreign Guests have the same problem, hee, in that they also find it hard to leave. It is always a pleasure to see you and welcome you, you are such a noce Lady. Take care. Marie. x
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent a night in Henry's after reading reviews on tripadvisor and needing a place to stay in the Clonakilty area as we were attending a wedding in one of the nearby hotels. Henry's is fabulous. The house is very modern and beautifully decorated. It is in a spectacular location literally on the cliffs edge and each of the individual bedrooms boasting a view of the sea. We stayed in the white room and loved all the little details- the artwork, the books, the fluffy towels, lovely linen, the toiletries, the chocolates the poem on our bed and especially the electric blanket to greet us on our late return after the wedding reception. Marie and Pat were really welcoming and helpful- in particular we really appreciated the lift to the hotel reception as we would definitely have gotten lost! This is an exceptional B&B and offers everything one could want for a relaxing and luxurious break. One piece of advice would be make sure to ring ahead to get directions, even the locals don't know where this hidden gem is!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi, Thank you for a great review. You were a delightful couple to have stay here at Henrys, while attending a Wedding at nearby Dunmore. I hope Baby did not miss you too much, leaving him for a first time is always harder on the Parents than on the Baby. But I am sure
his Grandparents spoilt him. It is a little piece of Heaven here, and I know you enjoyed. It was a pleasure to be of help giving you a lift to the Wedding, as we aim to please to the best of our ability, and always look after out Guests in whatever way is needed. We hope to see you again for a relaxing, get away from it all break, and to explore the walks and surrounding area here in Historic Castlefreke.
Best Regards. Marie and Pat.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My partner and I treated my parents to a trip (from Canada) to Ireland. Staying at Henry's B&B was one of their highlights of the whole trip. Pat and Marie are perfect hosts and the B&B is absolutely stunning. I cannot say enough about this place. We were able to relax, go for stunning walks, and explore Clonakility and Skibereen. We even had the chance to see dolphins! On our arrival we got a bit lost, Pat came and met us in order ot lead us to the B&B. Marie greeting us with tea and cakes. That night it was a bit chilly outside- Marie had electric blankets which warmed our beds before we went to sleep. I cannot put into words just how wonderful of a stay this way. The rooms look out onto the ocean with incredible views. We were able to relax and go for walks along the beaches. I would return in a heartbeat. It was such a wonderful experience! Many thanks Pat and Marie, from Paul, Bonnie, Christina and Dominic.

Room Tip: The rooms are all perfect :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you Tina, I appreciate your comments. It was my pleasure to have you stay here at Henrys, and I am so glad your parents enjoyed being here with Dom and youself. The Dolphins reappeared on the Sunday morning,so sorry you missed them at this time. Hope you all enjoyed the Cliffs of Mohar , and that the weather stayed sunny and clear for your visit there. In my fourteen years in West Cork I have never been to the Fastnet Catch, but since you enjoyed and recommended I will have to pay a first visit. Hee. I trust you all got back safely, Dom and yourself to Sweden, and Mum and Dad to Canada. Give them both my best regards, and miss your Dad,s fun sense of humour. Thank you for finding us here in West Cork, and hope to see you again.Kind Regards. Marie and Pat. x
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Passing through west cork on business I decided to try Henrys as an alternative to my usual choice of a hotel. Nestled away in stunning Castlefreke I was given the warmest of welcomes by host Marie and a tour of her fabulous house. I arrived late and Marie had prepared scrumptious homemade fish cakes with a salad of green leaves she had picked up at a farmers market over the weekend. Such a welcome change from attempting to get decent good quality food in a hotel. From arrival I felt so comfortable in the house, my room was beautiful with an unspoilt view of the sea and their private beach. Strawberries and chocolates together with a hand written welcome note awaited me. My super comfy bed warmed up with an electric blanket and with fresh lavender hidden under the pillow made for a fantastic sleep and waking up and opening the curtains I felt like I was on my holidays let alone a midweek morning on business. In the morning, upon Marie's recommendation I ventured down to the beautiful beach for a walk and returned to a truly delightful breakfast, with the nicest porridge I’ve ever had- I’m going to try recreate it myself at home! Wifi in the house meant it was a perfect peaceful place to get some work done. Leaving Henrys I felt truly energised and thoroughly enjoyed all the personal touches that Marie clearly has put such energies and pride into. I cannot recommend this truly luxurious B&B enough to anyone, you will leave feeling fresh and light and I’ll definitely detour in the future to squeeze a night in here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Marie H, Owner at Henry's Boutique Destination, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Hello Trina,
Thank you for your review of Henrys. I am absolutely delighted you got such benefit from your overnight stay, and that you enjoyed your surroundings and all that is on offer. Castlefreke has such a natural beauty, and yes, I always encourage my Guests to pop down to the beach. It is not to be missed. At the moment we have the Dolphins showing off and entertaining much to the delight of the guests who were here when they appeared. So this is an added bonus for Guests to enjoy. I m glad you felt so refreshed during your working week, and on my part your own beauty is breathtaking. I have never seen anyone with such wonderful, clear, and attractive skin. Thank you for calling to Henrys, and I will look forward to seeing you another time. In appreciation. Marie.

Been to Henry's Boutique Destination? Share your experiences!