“Not Bad At All” 4 of 5 stars

Cloyne, Midleton, Ireland   |
Ireland, West Virginia
“Not Bad At All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a wedding. The room was lovely, very rustic indeed ! However, there was no television in the room & it was not overly clean. There were a few creepy crawlys/dust in the corners of the room & behind the bathroom door but this is to be expected as I would think the room was in a converted stable block or barn.

I would not choose this place personally as a wedding venue. It would be ideal for a very small wedding about 30-40 people or for a private birthday party etc. I felt we were very squashed into the function room for the wedding I attended, the food was not bad, it was forgettable, the desert was still frozen when we received it.

All in all I would stay here again but only for a short stay, I would not recommend this place to my acquintances.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm still buzzing from having our wedding at this venue in July this year! From our first visit to Barnabrow last year we knew it was something special and different! I loved its country feel and rustic charm! Even the donkeys & geese in the fields which are fab and are now in our wedding photos! The wedding photo opportunities here are just perfect which means you have less time away from your guests! We could not say enough about how easy everyone at Barnabrow was to deal with, in particular Rosita; the wedding coordinator was just lovely and helped everything run so smoothly on our day! The food was top notch and it added to our Scottish theme that the chef is Scottish! In particular, I loved the goat’s cheese starter and the salmon. The service and rooms were just fab and I know some friends of ours stayed in the cottages attached to Barnabrow and they were lovely & spacious too. The option of the late night bar is a fab idea and the venue is yours exclusively so its just you and your guests all night! Brilliant! We can’t thank you enough for our wonderful wedding day at your venue; we can't wait to come back for dinner again soon!

waterford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had my wedding there, first saw the place and liked it but I had a feeling they wouldn't be the best to deal with!! Should of stuck with my instincts, not very welcoming, day before my wedding boss lady completely ignores me, looks at me as if to say what are you doing here, no best of luck nothing, (she would be gone the day of my wedding) I felt very sad about that. Rooms were damp and covering up wet, damps dirty floors with holes in them with rugs were kids were sleeping!! Breakfast -- only a few people were given a choice full Irish or eggs with salmon or bacon. Bride and Groom not given this choice only eggs with salmon or bacon. They don't care once they have you in and your money. Its sad because it is a lovely place but the wrong people are running it. Could be a great spot for events just not helpful staff, won't listen to you, the boss lady very rude. One last thing they charge €8 for corkage, brought my own wine and they opened 4 bottles of wine for each table and put them on them (2 red and 2 white) had 7 tables inc. head. 8 people at the rest of the tables!!!!! That was bang out of order, Been the Bride I was hurt and mad I couldn't enjoy the meal as I was looking at all this wine opened and going to waste, I did speak up but as some reviews will tell you get no satisfaction at all. According to them they don't make mistakes answer for everything, not professional as for the one answering the phone!! What can I say How rude... Overall I am very disappointed, will be ringing them to let them know. Will let you know how I got on.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just attended my sister's wedding here in the beautiful Barnabrow House. From start to finish it was excellent.The venue itself is fantastic, from the outdoor decking area to the indoor reception room with an authentic fire and the rustic but gorgeous reception room. We could not have had a better day for a wedding. The staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Rosita did a fabulous job and no request was an issue. She couldn't have done more for us. The food was delicious and an amazing day & night was had by all.

Co. Antrim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Back to County Antrim from the wedding of our nephew and what a wonderful time we had. The wedding meal and the breakfast were of the highest standard. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and the accomodation was excellent. We really enjoyed the formal style of the house and the informal layout of the rooms. The only thing that spoiled it for us was my wife leaving her phone behind. After a phone call the problem was solved and the phone was posted and reunited with its owner - honesty and courtesy appreciated.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hermosa Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Such a beautiful venue on top of excellent staff and service. I felt like I was a guest in someones home, and all of our needs were met plus more. I was there recently for a wedding and everthing went as planned. I couldn't have asked for a more spacious, comfortable, and relaxing environment. Thank you so much to all that make this place possible. It is just breath taking.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful and had a tour of most rooms and the main house is stunning
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were lucky enough to be invited to a wedding at Barnabrow Country House Hotel last week & really enjoyed the wedding experience there. Quite different from the conventional weddings. The wedding itself took place there and afterwards all the wedding party were directed to the patio where we were met with champagne & music filled the air with a band playing for the guests – delightful area where people could chat & mingle with the bride & groom, we were blessed with sunshine and beautiful views of the countryside. Overall it was a lovely change from the normal concrete block hotels which are the norm – we loved it!.
The wedding feast was just that a feast – well done to the chef! and we were reminded if we had dietary requirements – they would be seen to. Management & staff were very friendly.
Check-in was very fast & professional, we were shown to our room, which was amazing, the décor and ambiance was perfect & spotless.
Breakfast next morning was excellent – the sight of freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning just made it for us. I see some tables near us left tips, as we did. The staff could not have been more friendly & helpful throughout our stay. Absolutely top notch people.
Our overall experience was that we loved the place and would definitely be returning to this fantastic hotel at a future date.

Room Tip: Tip: Ideal base for day trips!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Barnabrow Country House? Share your experiences!