“Great family break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great family break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for a short break on 12-13 July with our two children. We got a great deal and the hotel based in the delightful, quaint town of Macroom was the perfect location for exploring nearby sights and attractions. The hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful. The manager helped us with paying our motorway toll when we couldn't get the telephone number to work. We woulld especially mentioned Kelly, the waitress who took and brought our made to order breakfast each morning. Kelly was a delight to talk to and gave us lots of good advice on where to take the kids sightseeing. (Thank you for your kindness Kelly!) The breakfast was very comprehensive and there was something to suit all tastes. The only thing that we missed having in the hotel room was a small fridge to be able to keep a cold drink of milk or water for the kids given that we were Incredibly lucky with the weather.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear MomA A,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Riverside Park Hotel.

I sincerely thank you for your kind comments about the staff here at the hotel, the whole team here at the hotel are delighted that we could be of service to you and your family.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family back to the Hotel in the near future.

Mise le Meas,

Liam Barrett,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Decided to try out this hotel for dinner recently. We ordered in the bar from a young waitress , partner and I chose the beef dinner,son chose soup and hips as he didn't want a dinner. A different waitress brought my son his soup and returned after approx half an hour and asked if we would like anything else such as desserts . I replied that we had yet to receive our dinner ! She apologised and said she would bring our food . On return again with no dinner she apologised and said that there had been a mix up in the kitchen and that she had mentioned the delay (which was now 45 mins) to the manager. The manager had told her to offer us complimentary desserts to apologise. Our dinner finally arrived after almost an hour. Nothing special, thick chunks of beef on top of mashed potato , smothered in gravy,with cubes of turnip and carrots thrown on the side..I had asked for gravy on the side ,however I was so hungry at this stage I didn't complain ! the young waitress that had first taken our order then returned and asked us if we wanted to see dessert menu,we said yes and it took her 15 mins to return with just the menu alone !! I was becoming extremely annoyed at this stage and wanted to leave but my partner convinced me to stay for dessert !! We ordered desserts and once we had eaten these I asked the young waitress for the bill..I kid you not she never returned with the bill !! I went to the bar which was unattended and the young waitress appeared from the kitchen saying " can I help you ? " !! I was so cross I told her I still hadn't received the bill I'd asked for ! She seemed surprised and said oh did the manager not drop it down to you . NO !!! I replied ! She mumbled something about getting the manager and took off into the kitchen ..a bar man then appeared and asked me if he could help me,I was really mad at this stage and said I just want to pay the bill and leave ! He told me the desserts were free and I paid the bill and left..2 hours it took us to have a simple meal !! I just want to make it clear that the bar was not busy at any time we were there ! The staff and the so called manager really would want to pull up their socks as this is a hotel under new ownership and as a local person I certainly will not be recommending this place to anyone ! Plenty other nice places to eat in macroom without going here !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRSP, General Manager at Riverside Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Nor32,

Let me begin by talking this opportunity to Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your experience here at the Riverside Park Hotel, I welcome all reviews as it help us to further develop our service and standards.

It is with great regret that I read that your visit was one of less than the normally high levels of standards and service that we provide here at the Hotel.

I have investigated the points you raised in your review and regrettably an error did occur with your order. I can assure you this is far from the normally high and prompt levels of service we do provide here at the Hotel.
We have provided further mentoring and training to the Staff member who was training at the time of your visit to ensure we do not fail to exceed our guest and our own service expectations in the future.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback further with you and would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at the Hotel on 026 20090.

Again thank you for your review and we genuinely do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to the Riverside Park Hotel in the not to distant future.

Mise le Meas,

Liam Barrett,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch last Sunday ate in the Italian restaurant and have to say that the service was friendly and quick, the staff couldnt do enough for us, food was really good and great value for money! Will defiantly be back again!

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A large group of us recently ate here on a Sunday lunchtime. When we came in they had no tables in the bar so we had a drink while we were waiting ( the seating arrangement in the bar area is poor, they could fit a lot more people in if the tables were moved around). We all had main courses. Food was excellent, service was good.

• Stayed May 2013
Orange, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel has recently re-opened after a three and a half year closure. We arrived 3 days after reopening and were greeted by a very helpful and pleasant staff member who offered us a double room at a very reasonable rate. Our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. Apparently the heating had been used during the hotel closure to keep out damp so there were no unusual odours as you might expect. The evening meal in the Italian-inspired restaurant was very good. We left early the next day so did not sample the breakfast on offer. Definitely worth a look if you're in the area. Ask them for their best price for a room if you do stop by.

Room Tip: Ask for their best price. Some rooms overlook,the river, rather than the road - they could be quiete...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SE England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

The hotel is recently refurbished, clean modern and well laid out. The staff are, without exception, friendly and obliging. Nothing is too much bother. The food is good and well prepared and the Waders Bar (part of the hotel) provides a friendly and pleasand venue for evening drinks. The location on the main road between Cork ad Killarney gives easy access to Co. Cork and Co. Kerry both via the N22 main road and via a network of Regional and Local Roads that put the tourist in easy reach of the fabulous Kerry Ring Dingle Peninsula and Beara Peninsula. An ideal centre for exploring the South West corner of Ireland. An, no, I'm not cobbected to the company, just a very satisfied customer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
southeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed at the Riverside for a family weekend break.We were given two very large adjoining rooms and were allowed check- in at 10pm.All parts of the hotel were spotless and both bedrooms had a flat screen TV.The bar had a pleasant relaxed ambiance and entertainment was provided on the first night.Breakfast was served with charm and portions were generous in the restaurant looking out on the river.Dinner was really good particularly the blue cheese starter and beef main course.
All that is missing is a pool,but we enjoyed seeing the local toy soldier factory and a great visit to Muckross house and gardens .Ideal for touring the local area and Macroom is a lovely town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riverside Park Hotel? Share your experiences!