“Nice parkland course close to Dublin!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 10 attractions in Malahide
Dublin, Ireland
68 attraction reviews
“Nice parkland course close to Dublin!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Located on Blackwood Road between Malahide and Portmarnock, this course has 3 separate nines (named red, blue and yellow), all of which offer great views of the Dublin Mountains. I have played 18 holes here on quite a few occasions, as a guest or with a society, and have always enjoyed it (especially since they re-built their red nine a few years ago).
The holes I most enjoyed were all par 3s – the 3rd and 6th on the blue nine are reasonably short and require shots over a bend in the river to reach the green. I won “nearest the pin” on the 3rd when I last visited, so I guess that’s how this hole particularly sticks out in my mind. There are also 2 more memorable par 3s on the red nine. On my last visit, the par 3 5th was playing directly into the wind - I needed a full 5 iron to reach the front entrance to the green and take 2 putts for par. Playing directly to the flag would have taken me directly over water and needed a bigger club for the more risky chance of birdie – a great risk / reward hole. The final par 3 came on the ninth and it’s carry over water all the way – a smashing little finishing hole.
Overall this course gives you a good golfing experience and the clubhouse afterwards is 1st class. Of course, I’ll be back!

Visited June 2013