“Stay in Malahide” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Stay in Malahide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

this was our first time in this restaurant and I would definitely recommend it. We had the early bird menu and it was very good. Will be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Good early bird.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were searching for a restaurant in the area and TA reviews looked good for this so we decided to give it a try. We were greeted nicely and given a nice table. The room is long and narrow; it wouldn’t be difficult to make it feel full.

The atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. Music was at just the right volume. Our coats were taken and the menu / specials were explained. We opted for the early bird as it was our first visit. We ordered spicy chicken wings and bruschetta for our starters. Both were very good. I don’t usually order chicken wings but if I came back again tomorrow I’d have them again; very tasty and just a nice amount for a starter. The bruschetta looked simple but also tasted very good. We were very happy with starters. We also decided on a glass of house Merlot which was for me, better than expected a very tasty house red.

For our mains we both chose the minute steak [Char-grilled 7 oz. Minute Steak served with hand-cut chips, sautéed onions and a choice of Cajun or pepper sauce or garlic butter.] we ordered one medium rare and one medium well. Both were cooked as requested and tasted ok for a minute steak. Steak comes with hand cut chips and choice of sauce. I’d like to give some fair feedback here and not be too critical. I like the thick home cut chips, they were nicely cooked on the surface and almost perfect but some of the larger ones were a little underdone in the center. I ordered garlic butter; this came out still mostly hard in a nice little jug. My partner ordered the pepper sauce, it was a bit more béarnaise than pepper, it had no pepper taste.

Waitresses were nice and friendly, and checked on us to see if we needed anything. During service though, lack of professional training is apparent.

We really enjoyed the food, wine and atmosphere and would like to come back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portmarnock, Ireland
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My friends and I were in sale e pepe tonight. One of our group is from Florida and really enjoyed her meal. It is always a pleasure to eat here. The staff are lovely and the food eceptional.

Newry, United Kingdom
“lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband booked the restaurant for my 50th birthday as we had came to Malahide for the weekend.I had ate here several times before and the food was always beautiful.i had the 2 course menu which was great value for 20 euros and my husband had the chowder and fillet steak.The service was excellent and so was the food.A complimentry desert with a candle and a drink for both of us was a lovely surprise.Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.A big thankyou to all the staff for making my birthday such a special night.

Dublin, Ireland
“Love the FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend love this place to eat. It is worth exactly what you pay for. Meals are very filling. I always get the Chicken Marsala. It is absolutely devine. They always have a different type of soup which is lovely every time. The chocolate brownie is absolutely lovely to finish your meal with. It has pecan nuts in it but you honestly don't taste them. Would recommend this to everyone. It is especially nice at night time to eat there. Staff are very friendly and your meal is freshly cooked which you don't get in most places!

• Visited September 2013