“Fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kildare
“Fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Evergreen is the perfect place to stay in Dublin. I needed to be close to the airport for my flight but wanted to stay somewhere welcoming and comfortable after a hectic Irish Christmas. I read the reviews before I booked and I wasn't let down. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and as other users reviews have said, Olive gave us a very warm welcome and provided us with helpful information about where to eat that evening in the nearby village of Malahide. The cooked full Irish in the morning was delicious and set us up for our long flight. I'd happily recommend Evergreen B&B to anyone. My only regret was that we didn't have longer to stay as we did not get to visit Malahide Castle or Avoca cafe close by. I'll be revisiting when I'm next back in Ireland, it was the perfect place to rest up before a 30 hour journey home!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently I've been at Evergreen B&B.
My stay was very, very nice, the room was very clean, furnished with a certain taste, though it was a bit basic furniture. Still, the room was very comfortable and with large enough private bathroom.
The breakfast was simply fantastic. Even though I am accustomed to continental, sweet, breakfast, I like to try local food, and it was just excellent.
The B&B is a bit too close to the road, so if one is very sensible to road noise, he/she may be a bit disturbed with cars passing. I am quite sensitive to road noise, but I could live with it.
I chose the place as it is very close to the airport: on departure day I had to catch a very early flight, but also the train to downtown is easily reachable with a nice walk through malahide Park, which is always good to have.
The stay deserves overall a nice 4 stars: Mrs. Olive's (the host) kindness and availability in assisting me with every request filled the gap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Evergreen for 1 night before our flight out of Dublin. As you've read, Olive is a wonderful hostess, and her cooking is splendid. Our room was very comfortable and we couldn't have been more happy with the location to Malahide. We have stayed at other B&B's around Malahide, and would go back to Evergreen without hesitation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Rock, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Olive you see is the owner of the Evergreen. We arrived tired after a long drive through the countryside and Olive made us feel like we were long lost friends. I do not know how to put this in words other than to say Olive made us so very comfortable. I booked the Evergreen because we had plans to fly out on Tuesday Oct 30th from Dublin back to the US and it was 10 minutes from the airport. But due to super-storm our home flights were canceled. Olive offered to allow us to stay an extra day and eased our mind about our travel woes. We had to catch a 6 am flight on Wed the 31st to London and Olive insisted on making us scones and coffee for our 4 AM departure. The house was clean, quiet and comfortable, it is a bit off the beaten path but worth finding. I understand that you can take the train or the bus to Dublin but as this was our last day in Ireland we decided to stay local. Evergreen is 5 minutes from downtown Malahide ( a lovely town). The Evergreen was great.... ah but go for Olive! We love you! If I could rate you I would give you 6 stars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful stay at Evergreen this past August. Olive and Henry made our family feel so welcome and could not do enough to make our stay more pleasant. Everything was neat and clean and the rooms were spacious. We were served a delicious breakfast in a lovely conservatory room with a view of the garden. It is located just a very short drive from Malahide town center & the DART. Not far from Dublin airport. Our family of 4 (5 with my mom) wished we could have stayed longer. Would love to return to Ireland and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Holt, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We loved the stay at Malahide.. Olive is a special hostess - she was there with list of places to go and maps to get there. Her food was excellent. We had use of a computer (wow) so caught up on mail etc. often not available in B & Bs. We had one person sick during the last day and coughed a lot.. hope we didnt bother anyone. But Olive never mentioned it. Pretty place and wish we could have been there when all the flowers were in bloom. It would have been lovely. Right next to the Malahide Castle which just added on a great shopping area. We spent time walking around there. Not to miss if you fly in or out of Dublin.. It is only minutes to the airport.. a big decision for us not to deal with Dublin traffic. And a train ride into Dublin and get on the red bus (Hop on Hop off) Its worth the money.. Get on for about 20.00 and get off where you want then hop on the next red bus. The bus driver gives a tour of town as you go.

Room Tip: Go in on the train to Dublin..no hazzles with driving.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed with Olive for 4 nights while our son and his wife who live nearby brought their brand new baby home from hospital and settled in to their home with the new addition to the family. Olive could not have been more helpful, kind and attentive and the room was really comfortable. And the breakfasts! It was a wonderful way of easing into our new grandparent role.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Evergreen B&B? Share your experiences!