“Amazing Tours” 5 of 5 stars

Sebastopol, California
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Like others, I find it hard to know where to start. Dave's tours are simply the best I've ever been on. I've been on two of his tours now, and each time I've had trips filled with gorgeous hikes, spectacular bike rides, picnics in deserted abbeys that no tour bus has ever found, creamy pints in pubs, and yes - even surfing. All of the activities carefully thought out so everyone gets a choice - so that part of the group may be horseback riding, while some are going for a big hike, and those a bit more tired resting with some time at the beech. Through out it all, Dave good humor, advice, songs, and stories. Thank you so much Dave!

Virginia
18 attraction reviews
“Even better than I could have hoped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'm ever so grateful for having found Dave O'Connor's Wolfhound Tours when I was planning my Sept trip to Ireland. I wanted adventure/activity with a small group, because I was traveling alone. So Wolfhound was perfect.

Dave brought Ireland to life. With only 12 of us on the tour (me and 11 strangers), Dave had incredible flexibility to adapt each day's itinerary to the weather, to people's preferences and to unexpected opportunities.

I'd wanted a walking tour that wasn't a marathon, and Dave offers a chance to walk every day, bike some of the days, and even sea kayak and climb the 600 steps of Skellig Michael.

I think that Dave's tours are ideal for those who like to meet others and are flexible, who enjoy a bit of adventure, and who appreciate leaving the beaten path for beauty elsewhere. If you insist on kissing the Blarney stone or taking time for shopping, this might not be the trip for you. But if you're prepared for adventure and beauty, for hearing Irish songs and Irish history (and for laughing a lot), then you'll love Wolfhound.

Our group had several singles traveling alone, several couples, and one small group of friends/family. And we blended beautifully. I hope to take another tour with Wolfhound!

North Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Magical, Full of beauty, Informative - Exceeded all my hopes & dreams. . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came to take this particular trip because I wanted to, as Thoreau says so well, "live deliberately." Live my time in Ireland- deliberately. But never could I have imagined that there might exist a "renaissance man trip/adventure leader" who was a story teller, singer, history and geography buff and most of all, someone who deeply honored the land and it's past at the same time he honored our needs, hopes and wishes to really experience that land. Thankfully, this is an adveture tour that avoids the madness of tourist buses, line ups, souvenir shops and everything that is never really part of a country. Instead we experienced the sensibility of this beautiful, historically complex island by bike, foot and kayak (all optional), learning the history and stories of the land.

In the end we left (sadly sadly), to take home the scent and sound of the sea, a measure of the beauty of the hills, mountains, passes, the patchwork fields, the green, and all the complicated nuances that give birth to a people and a country.

This tour and it's guide- like Ireland herself - has no competitors.

Richmond Hill, Georgia, United States
“One of the Best Tours I have Been On.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Family just got back from Ireland, one of the most Beautiful places I have ever visited, on a week long tour with Dave of Wolfhound Adventure Tours. I have to say that his knowledge, personality and various activities made the trip infinately more exciting and enjoyable. This will definatley be a repeat vacation, (my 20 year old daughter wants to transfer colleges or just move there period:)). Not enough space to write how much I recommend this way of seeing Ireland. Loved, loved, loved it!!!!

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Better than the Reviews!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family returned last week from a wonderful 5 Day West trip with Dave O'Connor in the Wolfmobile. From the moment we started the trip in Dublin, we were amazed with Dave's knowledge of the land, the customs and the history. We couldn't have had a better time. The way he captivated our boys, ages 15, 13 and 10 really made the trip special. We loved the itinerary which was custom made for our desire to be adventurous with a little family history mixed in. Dave figured out where there was a strong contingent of my family and took us there for a good part of a day which we spent canoeing and hiking where my ancestors did hundreds of years ago. The bike rides, hikes and scenery was amazing. He took us to places we never thought we would see and a lot of the time there was not another soul in sight! The accommodations for all nights were quaint and clean and the recommendations for restaurants (and pubs) were great. We only wish that we had more than 4 nights with this amazing guide and operation!!!!

Thanks for a memorable week Dave! We cant wait to visit again!!!!!

Check out wolfhoundtours.com which is a great way to see what he and his trips are all about.

Visited August 2012