“Great food and coeliac friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Enniscrone
Cuisines: International
Perth, Australia
“Great food and coeliac friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This pub is one of my families favourites as they are locals. Whenever we visit from Oz we pop in and this last time was a real standout. I ate here twice on my last trip and both stood out as exceptional. The first time I had shepherds pie which was amazing. My family had the crusted lamb rack which they said was amazing.

The second time we went the pie of the day was chicken. I asked if it had pastry the waitress said it did so i declined being a coeliac. She said it was no problem that they could put potato on the top instead. I was excited. 2 mins later the waitress came back and said that the chicken filling had flour in it too but the chef would make me one from scratch if I wouldn't mind waiting. Of course I agreed and boy was it worth the wait. Exceptional meal.

Definitely. Recommended.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dromore, United Kingdom
“Fishing themed bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Old style, wooden beams etc, food great, quite small, and very popular so expect to wait a while for a table if you want food. Food great.

Visited March 2013
“Top class pub grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a pub not a reaturant. Food is very tasty and a good choice on menu. Quick service. Shame they don't have a reaturant as you can't book a table and its a no go on a Saturday night - away too busy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Great atmosphere great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a find. Warm fire, lovely friendly staff but above all the food was delightful and very reasonable. I had a perfectly cooked T-bone steak with king prawns, chips & veg and my wife had the fish of the day, a beautifully presented fillet of sea bass. We shared a lovely starter and along with a bottle of Cote du Rhone the bill came to only €60. Great value. Don't miss it if you are in this part of the country.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Antrim
“Gorgeous food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had the fish of the day which was sea bass with king prawns and chiorizo butter. Cooked to perfection and plenty of crunchy veg and baby boiled pots to go with it. Great service too and kids meal was freshly made and excellent too.

Visited February 2013