“Ticks a lot of the boxes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Apartotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bundoran
Atlantic Apartotel
You added Atlantic Apartotel to your Saves list
Main Street, Bundoran DL1, Ireland   |
Drogheda
“Ticks a lot of the boxes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were met by a lovely girl at reception who gave us a run down on the hotel. She then showed us up to the apartment. There was nothing drastically wrong with it. There was a relatively new cooker fridge and microwave for us to use. The apartment was very clean and had a very comfortable double bed.There were a few things that could be improved on for example some of the tiles in the shower needed to be reset and grouted.Weighing it all up the staff and owners were exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was entertainment every night with no cover charge. The drink prices were reasonable not bumped up. Excellent parking facilities. The pool is very shallow and was full of children as was the Jacuzzi so I did not avail of it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Westport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ihad booked the Atlantic apts some time ago, but on Saturday the day before Iwas due to take 4 of my Grandchildren there I read some frightening reviews.I phoned to talk to the manager but got a voice mail,I left my number and sure enough the manager,[owener] called me back later in the day.Ivoiced my concerns with him and he assured me I had nothing to worry about.I was still apprehensive travelling there the next day with 4 children,but I had no reason to worry,our appartment was spotless,we had two bedrooms a nice big sitting -dining room the kitchen was fine with plenty of crockery and cutlery,everything a family would need for a holiday.The children loved it,they are used to staying in a hotel and could not get over all the space they had for playing with the toys they brought from home.I do not understand how a person could write such horid reviews ,you get what you pay for,if yoy want 5 star accomodation then go and pay for it.We all had a lovely time there and will be back DV.

Room Tip: Chose the H block if there are 3 or more of you.
dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Apartments really need to be upgraded. Sitting room,kitchen,bedrooms not to bad but bathroom was a disgrace no hand rail for getting out of bath after shower, no slip mat in bath. Bundoran is a great place with plenty for all to do. Atlantic has a lot going on for the children to enjoy pool,pitch and putt,playground,crazy golf and entertainment every evening which allow children in with no time limit. The staff are very pleasant and helpful very welcoming and there is a nice feel in the 51 bar.But really does need to start upgrading the apartments and maybe adding in a laundry room on the premises also.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Only back from a three day break, this place needs a good clean up. Rooms are ok for a short stay but need a good good clean. I felt like the beds had been changed floors hovered and let it out again. This place has lots going for it but the management need to send money on it to bring it up to standard throw out old furniture give walls a paint and make sure places get cleaned properly. I think its an awful shame having such a good set up, play ground, pool, crazy golf, pitch and putt and entertainment every night its great for a family holiday but the rooms are a big let down and wouldn.t bring you back a second time.

• Stayed August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked the August bank holiday weekend - a C type apartment (1 bedroom - sleeps 4). I don't know where to even start with the issues . Firstly we arrived at the reception area and waited 10 minutes before we were seen by anyone. Then when this member of staff arrived they did not know how to book us in and we were told to ring a number on a red telephone on the reception desk. We done so. Another member of staff arrived to book us in - a very pleasant man I have to say. We were brought to our apartment by a young girl who explained everything to us. After she left we proceeded to get ourselves settled in with our 2 little girls. Straight away it was evident that although the bed sheets had been changed the apartment had not been cleaned. I began to clean the floor (yes on my holidays - on my knees washing a floor!!!) The water was black dirty from the floor and I found pubic hairs on the floor also. The bathroom and bedroom had spider webs on them, heavy dust on the window ledges (a big no no,,, my 2 year old is asthmatic), the sink in the bathroom is cracked, cracks on the wall in the sitting room, the leather 2 seater in the sitting room was dirty, the underneath of the top bunk bed was blood stained as were the walls on the right hand side on entering the apartment from the hallway. There was mould on the windows and the curtains are old and tattered. Everytime we cooked something in the oven the smoke alarm would howl as there are no oven trays to prevent dripping onto the bottom of the oven and also no grill tray. The kettle had an oily film on it every time we filled it with water - even when using bottled water. All of that just for starters. If we had been staying any longer than 3 nights I would have walked out there and then. We did try to find alternative accommodation - however due to the ban holiday weekend everything else was booked up. The beds are a disgrace, 2 mattress on each of the single beds to try and alleviate the pain of the bad bed base's! The bed I was sleeping in sinks on one side and I spent each night rolling out of the bed as a result. The other single bed as so bad you could feel the mattress coils in the mattress fully! So we eventually reluctantly had to accept our lot for a few days .. Friday night was fine and then the trouble started. This place is advertised as family friendly. While it does supply all necessary for young children (swimming pool, playground area, crazy golf {all good}) it is not a family environment due to the allowance of some clientele to behave irresponsibly. On saturday night we were subjected to our drunk neighbours hurling abuse at each other, cursing, shouting extremely loudly and name calling. This started at about 11 am and continued through till about 4am in the morning with no interference from staff (they were probably in fear for their own lives!!). Result - up all night with a tired 2 year old and 4 year old, crying every time they heard what was going on next door. The same happened again on Sunday night. Bottom line, if you want to enjoy Bundoran and surrounding area, find somewhere else to stay. Accommodation is not even 1 star never mind 3. i have photos of the dirt if anyone is interested in evidence. I am also so disgusted with the premises and how it is managed that I am writing to Bord Failte to officially complain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayApartments, Owner at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time & trouble to provide detailed feedback about your stay at Atlantic Apartotel.
It is most disappointing that your experience was so poor, and as you contacted us directly after your departure, we were able to take corrective action and refund the entire cost of your stay. However, we do wish that you did not have such a situation to contend with, and we again express our sincere apologies.
As discussed in our letter to you following your departure, it is very important that guests report any issues they have to us immediately. We have a team available 24 hours a day to assist with anything needed.
We make considerable efforts to ensure that all aspects of a holiday break with us are presented to the agreed standards. Poor standards of cleanliness are unacceptable under any circumstances and we are committed to ensuring a similar incident never re-occurs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was very aprehensive about coming here after some of the reviews I read however the management obviously takes very serious the complaints that were made. The room was grand,pool was clean and the staff were absolutely lovely. The price was really cheap compared to other places in Ireland and there was plenty to do for all the family. I wouldn't read any bad reviews on this the place was great.

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayApartments, Manager at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences during your recent stay at Atlantic Apartotel. We do take very seriously all feedback received and act upon it. We are pleased that you found our accommodation to be excellent value for money.
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here in July with my wife and young child. We enjoyed our stay. The accommodation is pretty basic and could be doing with an upgrade but it doesn't claim to be anything other than basic and the rates reflect that. It is centrally located, a short walk to the beach, amusements and has bars, restaurants and a supermarket on the door step. It can be noisy at night, but that is to be expected in the centre of Bundoran in the summer. The facility has two bars, a small indoor pool, pool table and a few video games. There is also a garden to the rear, unfortunately during our stay it was occupied by a group of adults who chose to drink most of the day and night and largely ignore their kids, preferring to shout at them from a distance - however that was their choice and no reflection on the management at the Atlantic who we found to be hospitable and responsive. All things considered we enjoyed our break as the weather was great, accommodation was keenly priced and centrally located.

Room Tip: I expect the rooms that face out onto the street will be a bit noisier at night, although they do lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive review of your recent stay at Atlantic Apartotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and that you could take advantage of the wonderful July weather this year.

Been to Atlantic Apartotel? Share your experiences!