“Extremely Friendly and Kind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Apartotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bundoran
Atlantic Apartotel
You added Atlantic Apartotel to your Saves list
Main Street, Bundoran DL1, Ireland   |
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Extremely Friendly and Kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My trip to Bundoran reminded me of the "old days," when Americans were well-liked and well-received throughout the world... People went out of their way to be helpful and kind. The Atlantic Apartotel was clean and its proprietor is honest. The accommodations are a good bargain for cost-conscious travelers who want to save money by cooking some meals themselves in updated kitchenettes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayApartments, General Manager at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Bundoran and Atalntic Apartotel.
As you have remarked, we very much welcome visitors from all over the world, especially your compatriots from the United States, and have a strong committment to continuing to do so in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just returned from a week in Ireland and my stay at the Aparthotel was very pleasant. I did not use the kitchen facilities but I could see how convenient this would be for a family or couple traveling in the area to be so centrally located in town and be able to prepare one's own meals. I slept well, was warm enough (in November), and once I sorted out the hot water set-up, had good hot showers for the duration of the stay. John O'Connell, the owner, was wonderfully hospitable and made the hotel feel more like a home; this is very characteristic of the overall welcoming Bundoran experience. For cost, convenience and location, I think this hotel is a great option if you are considering a trip to the Donegal area. I'd return and stay with my family without hesitation.

New Bern, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Bundoran, Co Donegal Ireland where I was previewing activities for a future study abroad trip for my students. This trip was wonderful! Bundoran was fabulous -- charming and picturesque, the restaurants were scrumptious and the accommodations at Apartotel were perfect for either families or groups traveling together. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the kitchen was convenient with refrigerator and stove, and the bathroom was large and clean. The apartment I stayed in had one bedroom with a large, double bed and a second bedroom with two twin beds and one bunk bed. The kitchen was fully stocked with items needed to prepare food and drink. I enjoyed a nice hot cup of tea in my apartment each evening. The lobby was extremely welcoming with several comfortable seating areas. My favorite spot was in front of the fire, where I had access to Wi-Fi to check my emails and Skype with those at home.

The Atlantic Apartotel is centrally located on the main street, in the middle of everything and just up from the beach, parks and some lovely walks. 51 pub, located at the Apartotel was great craic! The entertainment with live music and storytelling was wonderful. All the Bundoran locals I met in the pub were friendly and interesting to speak with. It was readily apparent that they had great pride in their Irish heritage and wanted to share it with all of us. What open and wonderful people.

John, the proprietor was the most welcoming host I have ever encountered. He was attentive to the needs of his guests, warm, friendly, and generous with his time. I will definitely be returning to Bundoran with my students and staying at the Atlantic Apartotel. I cannot wait to return and visit with my new friends!

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the Atlantic Apartotel in mid-November. The Atlantic Apartotel is very centrally located on the main street and two blocks from two supermarkets and the town's library. The apartment I was assigned would be perfect for a family with one bedroom with a large, double bed and a second bedroom with two twin beds and one bunkbed. There was a fairly large living/dining room and a decent size kitchen with everything needed to prepare meals or reheat leftovers including a utensils, toaster, microwave, large fridge etc. The bathroom was small with little shelf space, but the heated towel rack was very appreciated, especially in mid-November. (Just ask John, the very friendly and helpful proprietor, where the switch is in the apartment to turn on the hot water.) John is also very knowledgable about the area and can provide useful tips regarding sightseeing and recreational opportunities in the area.

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience having stayed at Atlantic Apartotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the equipment supplied within the apartment to be of great assistance. We like to make all our guests feel very welcome and provide them with information in the area whatever their requirements.
We hope to welome you again in the future.
Kind regards
John O'Connell
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed in August 2012, not as described on the internet. It only has battery smoke alarms and two of them i checked did not work in two apartments. The fire extinguishers were last seviced in "09". The leads for the kettle and toaster trail over the hob. Be warned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
I am very disappointed and upset that you would unfairly describe any of our accommodation as a "fire risk." We take our responsibilities for our guests' safety very seriously and regularly engage with the authorities to ensure that standards are in compliance.
The comments you have made in relation to fire safety equipment are not constructive and you do not provide readers of your review with any information as to your expertise in judging the effectiveness of this equipment. The kitchen appliances may be plugged into any sockets that one deems approriate and safe.
I am available and happy to discuss any aspect of fire safety with our guests should they have any concerns. I would welcome the opportunity to reassure you of the same if you wished to contact me. I would also happily demonstrate the ongoing programme we have for keeping fire safety standards up to date, in which we are very confident.
We welcome and take all comments very seriously but believe they should be informed and balanced.

Yours sincerely,
John O'Connell
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

definitely not for anyone seeking the holiday experience. it's old, and has mismatched furniture. you've to pay for the electricity via a meter. The heating was barely on, it was freezing and smelled of damp a bit.
I went to reception about 8 times over the weekend to ask could the heating be turned up, but there was no-one there, and when I rang the helpline number there was no answer.

Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayApartments, General Manager at Atlantic Apartotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
I was most disappointed to learn of the problems you encountered during your stay. The temperature of the heating in your apartment should be automatically adjusted on your behalf to reflect varying weather conditions, and this regrettably has not happened on this occasion, for which I sincerely apologise.
However, this should have been easily and speedily rectified following your visit downstairs to report the matter. As our accommodation is self catering, and in order to continue being able to offer continuing excellent value for money, we do not offer a manned reception desk around the clock. The system in place for contacting our team by telephone outside these hours has been very effective since its introduction, but clearly did not function to meet your requirements on this occasion. Again please accept my apologies and I have thoroughly reviewed our procedures to ensure no repetition of the shortcomings your experience.
If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to arrange a return visit when I am certain we could restore your confidence in us.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Accommodation is dated but very clean, we booked for 2 and got an apartment at top of house with lovely views all around. everything that was needed was in the apartment. we have stayed all over the world and other than a little dated the apartment was grand. all staff were very helpful and friendly they were very relaxed and this made us feel very relaxed which is what you go on holiday for. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room and jacuzzi were a real bonus. Outside there is a play ground and pitch and putt. so if you have children they will be kept occupied as there is also a games room beside the entertainment area. This hotel is located in the middle of everything and just up from the beach, parks and some lovely walks. you can walk everywhere no need for the car at all. As for paying for the electricity it was very very reasonable so plenty of hot water, and all over the world you have to buy loo paper for apartments. Thank you John, family and staff we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: choose rooms overlooking the swings and picnic area