“Nice hotel with good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Trees Hotel

You added Twin Trees Hotel to your Saves list
Twin Trees Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Downhill road, Ballina, Ireland (Formerly Downhill House Hotel)   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Ballina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashbourne, Ireland
“Nice hotel with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Good hotel, excellent restaurant, great staff. Good pool and fitrness centre

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear PMI Ireland

Thank you for your comment on Trip advisor, it is much appreciated for your help in reviewing the Downhill House hotel - we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, where you will receive a complimentary upgrade as a result of your time reviewing us - Thank you again, "Let our Family Look after yours" - Rachael Moylett - Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Worcestershire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Hadnt visited Balina for many years, but did remember staying here before because of the beautiful waterfall opposite, Although the hotel has been much altered over the years it has remained very comfortable, peaceful and welcoming. Food was excellent as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sleeptopcat,

Such lovely comment on the Downhill house hotel, I would like to thank you on behalf of the Moylett Family and staff, it is much appreciated. As a gift from us to you I would like to offer you a FREE bottle of Wine with your meal on your next visit - if you just contact me directly I will look after you - rachael@downhillhotel.ie -
With renewed thank, Rachael Moylett, Director
Gabidiego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I was on a business trip to Ballina recently and stayed for two nights in the Downhill House Hotel. The first thing I have to compliment are the staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. I had to organise a series of meetings locally and Mags went out of her way to help me. They have a great reputation locally of working not just to promote themselves, but to promote Ballina. My room was comfortable, there was a great breakfast menu and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Duck99, Owner at Twin Trees Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Just to say Thank you for you wonderful comments on our Staff and facilities in the Downhill House hotel, it was a pleasure to read. As a token of our appreciation I would like to offer you a complimentary room upgrade plus a surprise in your room on your next visit - my direct email is rachael@downhillhotel.ie and we look forward to seeing you again - "Let our Family Look after yours", Regards, Rachael Moylett, Director
Ballinrobe, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Just returned home after 3 nights in the excellent Downhill Hotel. Used the conference facilities, had meals in the restaurant, used the lesuire centre, and cannot find anything to fault. The most notable thing about the hotel was how friendly and attentive the staff were - but in the friendly and warm manner that some other hotels lack even though they may also have well trained staff. Will be going back to the hotel at the next opportunity!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Duck99, Owner at Twin Trees Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences for the Downhill House Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We have passed on your great comments to our colleagues throughout the hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Downhill House hotel again soon, as our motto says and believes - "Let our Family look after Yours",.

Best regards
Rachael Moylett - Director
Email - rachael@downhillhotel.ie
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed at The Downhill House Hotel and it was a great holiday from start to finish. We have 3 children under 12 and they had a fun filled time between the kids club and the swimming pool.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic - I would really recommend the Roast Beef! We had stayed here a number of years ago and it has been upgraded since our last visit. It really is a family run hotel and all the staff go out of their way to help you.

We will be back in the Summer as we are attending a wedding in the hotel and really looking forward to it now. Thanks again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Duck99, Manager at Twin Trees Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear MMkitKat

Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review the Downhill House hotel. We pride ourselves in our family business and would welcome the chance to have some "Surprise" in your room when you are booking next. So please feel free to contact me directly, and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2011.

"Let our family look after yours",
Regards
Rachael Moylett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We had a christening party in the hotel on 2nd january. We found Mags Martin extremely nice and very helpful to deal with. The private room was very tastefully decorated with pink baloons, chair covers and a cake stand. We had a beautiful three course meal which was very reasonable. I would highly recommend the hotel as a venue for private functions and we will definately be back for future functions

• Stayed January 2011
Duck99, Owner at Twin Trees Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Dear Ashgil,

Thank you for you kind words about the hotel and service for your family occassion, it’s always great to hear positive feedback, we do a large number of family celebrations, weddings etc, here in the Downhill House hotel & your comments have been greatly received by the team. Our moto is "Let our Family Look after Yours" so we look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the near future - Rachael Moylett, Director.
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I recently held my Mum's 80th birthday party in the Downhill Hotel and as I was organising this from Bermuda, all the staff were so helpful to me. I was allowed to decorate the room as I liked it and when I needed assistance with regard to the cake, balloons, etc., they gave me great advice. The food itself was delicious (great portion sizes) with all the hot meals served "hot" - doesn't always happen when you have a large party so to me this deserves a mention. On the night, the staff gave us so much attention and in particular made my Mum feel really special. We didn't actually stay in the Hotel but some members of the party did stay the night and found everything to be wonderful. I would also like to point out that my parents had their wedding reception in the Downhill Hotel 46 years ago and I had my wedding reception there 11 years ago - both of our experiences were excellent so in all those years the standards have never slipped and indeed I had my daughter's christening party held there as well. It truly is a wonderful family and business hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone. If I have another party to host, it will definitely be at the Downhill Hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
Duck99, Director of Sales at Twin Trees Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Dear Michelegall39

Thank you for your wonderful comments on trip advisor - it was a pleasure to look after you and your family in the Downhill Houes hotel and it is from comments and compliments that you made that makes the Downhill Hotel that bit special and unique - we are now celebrating 76 years in business in 2011 and long may it continue -

Thank you again and do call in to see us when you are back in the Country again - Happy New Year, - Let our family look after yours -
Rachael Moylett - Director

Been to Twin Trees Hotel? Share your experiences!