We went for the Grab One Deal which included afternoon tea which was a real treat! Also had an amazing facial and massage from Sarah in the Spa and I couldnt praise her enough! She was fantastic and had such a lovely manner too. My husband used the driving range which was expensive enough when you are staying there 10.00 euro for 35 balls! He enjoyed the pool and sauna while I was being pampered. The room was beautiful, very spacious and bright and temperature just right! We chose the bar food as afternoon tea is quite filling, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere there and the guinness was first class! The breakfast was a little disappointing though, ordered porridge which took forever and it was not worth the wait as there was no flavour to it, My husband had to wait for ages too for his omellete and the restaurant was not busy at the time, the waiter also brought our toast to another table instead, and seemed very pleasant but very scattered!! The overall experience was great and we will definitely be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, 45 lodges, 2 miles of exclusive salmon fishing, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The estate was originally owned by The Knox family who came to Ireland in the Cromwellian era and their ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to The Megalithic tomb. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. Head Chef Philippe Farineau and his team have achieved 2 AA Rosettes in the restaurant and in 2011 achieved The Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught by The Restaurant Association of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina