“eating out” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Foxford
Foxford, Ireland
“eating out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

we often eat out here and find their sirloin steak one of the best around, staff very nice and owner hinself is always on hand and helps out when they are busy - nice touch. service may be a little slow as others have said but it proves your order is always cooked on demand no microwave heating here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Myself and my partner stopped here on a driving tour around the west, and were not dissapointed!! I had the cod with chips and and mushy peas and it was delicious, cooked to perfection. Very clean dining area, only dissapointment was the service. We had a young careless waitress who did not seem pleased at us just asking for more drinks, very unfriendly atmosphere about. But we still decided to hang around afterward for a few drinks in the bar, great atmosphere among the visitors and locals of the pub, Bar staff were genuine and very friendly and made sure we were well looked after which more than made up for the waiting staff. Over all I will definetly be back again with friends for a few drinks some night, great atmosphere and great food.

“Idyllic location and top fish dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Healy's in Pontoon on a number of occasions and have always found the staff friendly, the food tasty and good value. The restaurant has a unique and idyllic setting looking out on Lough Cullen. Last weekend I dined there with friends and we ordered the Special fish dish 'Black Dover Sole' on the bone which we all agreed was excellent, perfectly cooked and presented. The atmosphere was warm and the Proprietor convivial and welcoming. Well done Chef and Staff, I would strongly recommend especially for those who love fresh fish.

Visited August 2013
Dublin
“Passing trade BEWARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Pontoon and its environs is a place of unparalleled natural beauty and tranquility. In recent years I have been privileged to be able take refuge there from the hustle and bustle of city life and all the demands that entails. I have regularly patronized Healy’s with family and friends with, I confess, varying degrees of ‘success’. It’s always good to have some place local and reliable to fall back on. However my niggling reservations were compounded recently when the fillet steak I ordered (for 25.95!!!) unfolded as a ‘butterflied’ lump of, at best, sirloin. Unfortunately I only heard of some neighbours’ similar experience with their ‘fillet’, after my visit. Shame on the owners – rip off Ireland is alive and well in Healy’s – bring in the Regulator.
Passing trade BEWARE.

Visited August 2013
Claremorris, Ireland
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service in this restaurant is terrible.While we were there two groups left due to slow service.The food is nothing special and very expensive.This is a restaurant in need of a good manager to keep the staff on its toes.

• Visited July 2013