“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
scunthorpe
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed there on June 14th, sadly they could only accommodate us for one night as we were a late booking and they were fully booked for the weekend,
The food and decor were both good, but the service was second to none, nothing was too much trouble for the staff there, and all done with a big smile and an assurance that it was no bother at all.
we are looking forward to going back.
When and if you are in Belmullet, give it a go, it will be worth your while.

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2007

Recently stayed here for a wedding. Had a fantastic time. The rooms were clean and well equiped. Staff was very friendly and very helpful. Did not encounter any noise from the nightclub. Had a great time in the residence bar. I can highly recommend this hotel. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

We Visit Belmullet every year and stayed here for a wedding over the New Year. Rooms were lovely and food good quality. New Years eve was a major let down with the resident bar closed early, we were informed this was due to bar running out of drink? There was another function room open and so we attempted to get drinks in here to which we were later told was a wedding party. Unfortunately a problem I see often is people who know the bar staff will get served before you no matter how long you wait! Very frustrating if your not a local!!
We do believe when there is a private function in any public establishment on the door entrance should be a notice/sign stating PRIVATE FUNCTION. This is just common sense??
The Broadhaven is a beautiful Hotel though in our opinion needs proper management with EXPERIENCE not people who like to work and socialize.

Stayed December 2006
Warwick,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2006

I have stayed in the Erris area many times over the years as a result of family connections and I have often visited Belmullet. There have been many times that I have wished there was a large, modern hotel close to the town to stay in so I was delighted when, a couple of years ago, I saw the Broadhaven being built. I have stayed there twice, once just after it opened and in August 2006 and both times I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and left looking forward to my next visit.

I have found the hotel to be very welcoming, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is good and overall the hotel is very good value. The key feature for me of staying there is the atmosphere and the attitude of the staff. The hotel is an Irish hotel not some anonymous, heartless place that could be anywhere in the world. I don’t think that I have ever encountered hotel staff that are as helpful and as accommodating as the staff at the Broadhaven. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they give all the guests a personal touch. It helps that all of the staff seem to come from the local area. I have no objection to hotels employing workers from the European Union but in most cases you can’t converse with them and there is no chance of asking them a question about the local area. Whenever I stay in an Irish hotel I want to be served by Irish people so that you can have a conversation with them and almost build up a friendship or rapport.

You will always be able to find fault with a hotel as there is bound to be something that is not to your liking or something in the room that isn’t working but that is the case in every hotel. I have come across a few minor niggles at the Broadhaven but they were always either sorted out by the staff or they were things that I could live with especially as I was only going to be in the hotel for a few days. I have never experienced anything on the scale reported by other reviewers. Sure the hotel is a bit crowded and noisy sometimes but that is to be expected given its size and the fact that is often fully booked with one or even two wedding receptions on as well.

I like the Broadhaven. I hope to be able to stay there many more times in the future and I would recommend it to anybody.

• Liked — The location of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff.
  • Disliked — Queuing for breakfast.
  • Tips/Secrets — Just go there - enjoy the hotel, the town and the area.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding over a year ago now, it is a lovely hotel, staffed by locals who couldnt do enough for you! The food was delicious with traditional irish meals on the menu.. As part of the wedding party we were treated like royalty we wanted for nothing. im returning to this hotel for another wedding this month and am looking forward to it.. Highly recommended..

• Liked — beautiful hotel also nice and relaxed
  • Disliked — leisure centre was not finished
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

Just wanted to say that i stayed in this hotel in Feb 2006 as we were there because of a wedding reception. The rooms were emaculate i couldnt fault them, they even had a flat screen plasma tvs.

The bar was clean and the bar staff were friendly, what more could you want?

The wedding reception was brilliant i could not fault the food one little bit, i especially recomend the baileys cheesecake.

Even poped down to the nightclub, what a great place, it was huge.

Back to my room and as others said about the noise, i didnt hear a thing and it wasnt that late nor was i drunk!! I must admit tho i stayed at the front of the hotel so maybe the noise levels in the rear of the hotel rooms were different.

The hotel looked over a scenic bay and the small town of Belmullet was friendly.

I would deffenatly return to Broadhaven Bay Hotel again and again and i would highly recomend it.

• Liked — the clean rooms
  • Disliked — the small walking distance from the town
  • Tips/Secrets — take a look into the small coves, there are many secluded beaches, great for watersports
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

We had a poor experience at the broadhaven hotel. We moved rooms three times once because of nightclub disturbance. Secondly, we had no cold water in our shower, which left us one and a half hours late for the wedding that brought us to the hotel in the first place. There was no phone in our room, the iron didn't work and we had no running cold water in the shower in one room and in the wash hand basin in the third room. We brought our problems to the attention of the owner and she advised me that I should expect complications when staying in any hotel! The staff were friendly and tried their best to help us but even these problems were beyond their control. The hotel was reasonably priced as hotel rates go but honestly we paid enough for the level of functionality in our rooms.

Stayed July 2006

Been to Broadhaven Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!