“Fantastic views from the the back nine” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Belmullet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Carne Golf Links lies in magnificent unspoiled sand dunes overlooking Blacksod Bay and the wild Atlantic Ocean near Belmullet Co. Mayo in the west of Ireland. Carne was the last links course to be designed by the late Eddie Hackett and it is now believed by many who have played it to be his greatest challenge. The building of Carne has caused little disturbance to this wild and ancient landscape. Tees and greens occurred naturally and very little earth moving was involved in the course construction. Along the course are some breathtaking views over the Atlantic and the legendary islands of Inis Glóire and Inis Géidh
Co.Mayo, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic views from the the back nine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Great variety with the natural links, they have everything you could need and it's very near the town of Belmullet. If your only out for nine holes I would do the 10-18 for the scenic views

Visited September 2011

Purcellville, Virginia
“Wonderful area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Went to the area with my boyfriend and all he did for two days was rave about this wonderful area and the Carne golf course. He simply loved the place, and quite frankly, so did I. While I am not a golfer the beauty of the course and the area, and the friendly people, made me so happy we visited. We've spoken several times about going back, and I think it will be next year. This time, though, we will make a couple more days! Highly recommend.

Visited August 2011
Castlebar, Ireland
“Great course, amazing scenery, pity about the rip off.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have played in Carne several times, it is a fine links with some great holes and absolutely fantastic scenery.
However after my last visit in February 2012 I do not think I will return again because I do not see any justification for charging €2.50 for a cup of coffee. It is just an example of the rip-off republic.
Its a small complaint but one that bugs me.

Visited February 2012
Skerries, Ireland
16 attraction reviews
“A fantastic course to play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

The back nine on the atlantic are just fantastic, the fairways are open and the doons are mountainous. One of the best courses I've ever played. Watch out for those grayback crows one of them lifted my ball. Altogether a thrilling course to play.

Visited January 2011
Foxford, Ireland
56 attraction reviews
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was my second visit to Carne and it was very windy that day. I got hooked up with a group from Minnesota and it was an enjoyable day. I'd say Carne is as incredible as Ballybunion but I'm not Tom Watson. If you go be sure to have lunch or dinner at the clubhouse.

Visited September 2011