“Have eaten here over the years” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barrack St, Belmullet, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ireland
“Have eaten here over the years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have eaten here many times and find the food generally of good quality and service very good.
On my most recent visit I had to point out a dirty glass and also found the large screen TV blasting out sports was distracting and not in keeping with the atmosphere - thus I had to try and find a quiet spot to chat and eat. I understand the bar trying to catch a few who drop in for quick drink and to watch the sports but there must be balance and consideration of who is spending most money in the bar/restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Westport, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Myself and a large group of ladies stayed last weekend at the Talbot for my sisters Hen weekend. The staff at the Hotel could not have been more helpful or polite. Everybody was very impressed with the room decor and the standard of the food at dinner and the way in which they were treated by the staff. Breakfast the next morning was equally fabulous and even though we all left getting breakfast until the last minute, we never felt like we were being hurried to finish.We all felt we got very good value for money.The rooms were very clean and very well kitted out. The nespresso machines are a nice touch in the rooms. The layout of the Hotel can sometimes be confusing but it means you get to see much more of it and appreciate how nice it is everywhere! A big shout out to Pat the barman/porter DJ and jack of all trades who came to our rescue when our laptop would not work with the projector. He was good enough to lend us his own and provided us with a music playlist and everything. He saved the day for us all!! A great Hotel and a real asset to Belmullet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family come from Belmullet, and for most of my life I have had the benefit of staying at our family farm near Inver. Last year unfortunalty that was not possible, so I had to look for a hotel. We stayed in the Talbot, and I can say nothing more than anyone else. The location is wonderful, the town is fantastic, the people running the hotel is great. I understand that it is priviatly owned, and the female party in the relationship does all of the decor and rooms herself. This is the trick for sure, it is magnificent.

I have seen Belmullet change over the past 40 years from a little backwater to an important hub for local industry and the local ommunity, I think if you had asked my old mum if she would expect Belmullet to have a Chinese restaurant in the 60's and 70's she would have been surprised!

Well done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ratoath, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent two nights here and were happy with the stay overall. The room was nicely furnished, and quiet, with WiFi to keep our son happy. Breakfast was good, and very filling. The only let down was the bar-food. While there was a good choice, some of the items listed as "home made" were not. Portion sizes of a side of chips were very small. I had a garlic mushroom starter which included melted chedar and pesto - unusual. Since there is no hotel car-park, we had to park on the street, and hope to avoid tickets.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 may be noisey if there is a crowd in the bar.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here recently on a work trip and really enjoyed myself! Its hard to believe a hotel like this exists in someone as remote as Belmullet. But then Belmullet is a beautiful spot and deserves a beautiful hotel. Its the little things that make the difference - the nespresso machines, the ipod docks and the PROPER HAIRDRYERS! Oh the breakfast is pretty incredible too. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were a group of 6 who had booked 2 rooms in the hotel and a town house for everyone else.
The hotel was incredible. Comfortable, spotless, funky, spacious - really exceptional. I have stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure but this will stand out for most.
The receptionist (Sammi??) was a pleasure to deal with.

The town house was a little disappointing but nothing that can't be fixed quickly. Paint needed touching up, carpets could have been cleaner and there was a problem with hot water.

The staff/manager was responsive to the feedback and any issues were quickly addressed.

Great value for money in the town house despite the minor issues!

The biggest down side, in my view, is the (limited) on-street parking but we all got parking close by.

A really beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a Hotel, I have worked and stayed all over Ireland and find it hard to find a Hotel that will beat this one, after staying there a couple of times on business I returned there with my Wife and family and yet again i wast disappointed, Karen on reception was most helpful and couldn't do enough for us as was the lady serving breakfast, the food is second to none and you wouldn't leave there hungry, I will defiantly return again Thanks again for everything !!!!

Nick M

Room Tip: Get one of the suites for that something special
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!