“Welcoming B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
You added The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Am Lui | Ballinaboula, Dingle, Ireland   |
Ranked #29 of 73 Dingle B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Welcoming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Jill is a great hostess, warm and full of information about the area. She is a wonderful resource to guide any decisions regarding events and activities in Dingle town and the peninsula. Her home is clean, well-organized, and charming, just like Jill. We stayed with her for 2 nights in September, and it felt like a visit with our favorite aunt. Clean, comfortable and kind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
It is so lovely of you to say you felt so at home while staying at my humble home. I like guests to enjoy their stay here which is my first priority when they come.

I hope I impart whatever knowledge I have on the Dingle Peninsula so my guests enjoy what is to be seen before leaving Dingle. One day is never enough here in Dingle as it takes the first day to actually arrive from your last destination. Have a look and see where Dingle is on the map!!! There is so much to see on the Peninsula that it would be a pity to have to leave next day before seeing all there is to be seen. After all we are one of the top 10 places on the internet to see.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carmel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I were greeted very warmly by the proprietor and made to feel at home. The room was small, but the beds were comfortable and clean and the bathroom was quite adequate. The breakfast was good and fresh. The location is just outside of Dingle not within walking distance. We would consider it good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and that you found what I offered was good value for money. I do work hard to see that my guests enjoy their stay here first.

As I live just one mile from Dingle Town my guests get a good nights sleep and as I have just three rooms for B/B the house is very quiet. None of my rooms are above or below other rooms so you do not hear noise from the other rooms. A lot of my guests prefer to walk to town as the road is very flat and enjoy the sheep and lambs in the fields while doing so. There are lots of taxi's should you stay out too late and like a ride home after the pubs!!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed with Jill this past September for a night as my first B&B experience in Ireland. It was a fantastic experience I have to say- exactly what I'd been hoping for! Jill was warm and inviting (as was little Benji) and super helpful with brochures and information about Dingle. The rooms were super clean and cozy and she made an absolutely delicious breakfast in the morning (best porridge I've ever had!). Jill was a delight and will be a part of my fondest Ireland trip memories!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so delighted I was your first contact with an Irish bed and breakfast and you were left with happy memories. We offer much that you get in an hotel but it's all more personal and you become a member of our family during your stay. Bengie my Westie of 16 years, who is now deaf makes everyone welcome and so many people who are missing their own dog during their holiday love to message him and he comes back for more!!

Good FREE WiFi is available in all rooms which also have TV, DVD, hairdryer, central heating and of course private bathrooms. Complementary tea/coffee/hot chocolate and herbal tea is available at all times. I hope you have happy memories of your holiday in both the Dingle Peninsula and Ireland.
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at The Liston Family B&B in August and this turned out to be the highlight of my Irish trip, despite only spending 2 nights in Dingle (I definitely recommend more). Jill was the perfect host, and immediately made me feel at home. Despite having consumed Irish breakfasts for the previous 5 days, It was impossible to resist Jill's! I had the downstairs bedroom, which was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The B&B is conveniently located a mile from the hustle and bustle of town. I arrived early evening, but was keen to experience as much of Dingle life as I could during my short stay. Jill recommended and booked a ticket on my behalf to a concert at the Dingle Music Shop, which turned out to be a great introduction to traditional Irish music and dance! She also recommended a meal at the Boathouse restaurant, and being a lover of seafood, I was not disappointed!! The following day, she provided me with various leaflets of things to do in Dingle, which included a drive around the beautiful Slea Head Peninsula and a boat trip to meet Fungie the dolphin, as well as viewing the wonderful coastline and islands. I will definitely be visiting Dingle again, and there is no doubt as to where I will be staying:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Trish you put my heart sideways during your stay and I thought you'd be staying here for good, but it wasn't to be!!!! You know what I mean!! lol!!

Thank you for your lovely comments and I especially like to make single guests feel safe during their stay here.

I'm glad your recommending guests to stay more than two days if they can. You could tell them a tail or two as to why one needs to stay awhile here in Dingle!

Delighted you enjoyed my breakfasts and enjoyed your room. I'm lucky to have such a quiet house and everyone enjoys a good nights sleep after a night full of Irish culture and dance.

The concerts are back on again in the Music Shop this year and now David is 5th time World Champion Irish dancer. A first for anyone at the World championships. We are proud to have him here in Dingle.
Fungie our wild dolphin of 31 years is still happily jumping around for the guests who visit him.

So lovely to hear you say you will be back to Dingle at some stage and I look forward to meeting you again. You did make the most of your few days here in Dingle and I know you had a 'ball'!! See you soon.
La Grange Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here at the last minute and it was just perfect - lovely host, adorable dog to give us a puppy fix (especially for the kids) and amazing views from the rooms upstairs. When friends at home asked my 14 year old son the best food in Ireland, he said the porridge from the Liston B&B (it WAS really good!) Do ask about the famous relative, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maura, thank you so much for your lovely comments and I know you all got a 'puppy fix' while here.

I really did enjoy your comment or should I say both you and your sons comment about my Famous PORRIDGE!!! It won't be long now before your 14 year old will have eyes in another department besides food!

Thank you for keeping my famous relation a guessing game for my future guests. You HAVE to be of a certain age to know the answer though!! lol!!

I'm delighted you enjoyed the views from your bedrooms. I appreciated them myself every day too. It's fun watching the lambs at the moment in the fields, AND where can you see two mountains from your bathroom and bedroom windows and also the sea in the distance. The fact that your hired car is safe and off the road in private parking is also a plus.

Bengie says Hi to you all too. He is very well at the moment but of course he is 16 years old and I fear what lies ahead for us both?
I hope you have very happy memories of your stay on the Dingle Peninsula and Ireland.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife, two daughters, and I spent one night at the Liston Family B&B and had an excellent experience. Jill was an extremely gracious host, the rooms were very clean, and breakfast was delicious. Jill is clearly very passionate about the Dingle area and we very much enjoyed talking to her about the local history and attractions. This was a very good value and a great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin, thank you so much for your lovely comments and that you had an 'excellent experience' while staying here. And yes I am very passionate about my bed and breakfast and what we have to offer my guests on the Dingle Peninsula. It is easy to be passionate when we have such beauty here.

Also I get to meet all the lovely people there are in the world which makes my job so worth while. Every day is different and sometimes I don't want guests to leave!!

I know your girls enjoyed having fast broadband available for their iPads!! That makes most of them very happy during their holiday!! lol!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here on a last minute booking as we went to Dingle for the day and loved it that much we wanted to stay. If you are looking for good old fashioned Irish hospitality and a breakfast of champions to boot then this is the place for you. It's about a mile from the town centre, and I'd advise asking Jill for a reputable taxi number to get you home in the evening to avoid getting stung for €9 like we did by some chancer the bar called for us.

• Stayed July 2013
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and it was a pleasure to have you all to stay. Your two children were so good. I'm still wondering if Dillon got home without getting car sick? Also I would love to know that your new four legged addition to your family recovered well from her operation. Neutering can be tricky sometimes. My poor Westie Bengie has now gone deaf so it's a very quiet world for him now. I don't have to spell 'Walkies' anymore which is so sad. I hope you all enjoyed the Aquarium here in Dingle and the beautiful scenery we have on the Peninsula. I hope we meet again sometime. My number is : 00353-669151373 should you see this.

Been to The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!