“Plat de fruit de mere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 69 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: European, Irish, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving the very best of fresh Dingle and Kerry produce, our fish comes straight to us from the local fishing boats and our meats and vegetables come from local farmers in the area. Lobster, Crab Claws, Clams, Prawns, Monkfish, Calamari........ Succulent Steaks, Home-made Burgers, Kerry Lamb, Gluten Free Dishes (including our classic Fish 'n Chips)....... Sinful Desserts.......... A fully Licensed Bar. Enjoy our tasteful nautical decor that celebrates the maritime traditions of Dingle, our fresh bright ambiance with soft cushions and furnishings, and on a special evening, experience the glow of a Dingle Peninsula sunset as it casts its last rays over the harbour.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Plat de fruit de mere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We surprised the lady chef with this request in may last year.It was outstanding as was every thing else we ate over three visits.Cooked our boat trip fish excellently.My only regret is that I,ve forgoten to post this untill now.NOT TO BE MISSED

• Visited May 2012

Ireland
“Great Scampi and chunky chips but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was lunchtime and I had just arrived in Dingle. Across from the car park in the port were an array of eateries. I opted for The Boatyard for lunch. Nice premises with a nice view of the Marina was a good place to start. I had plenty of time to try the others over the break !

I ordered their monk fish scampi which came in at a modest 15.50 euros. Service was fast and a generous container portion of lightly breaded scampi arrived accompanied by another container of chunky chips that were done just right. The plate also contained a ramekin of dipping sauce and a mixed side salad that was decidedly limp and off putting. My scampi however was seated on a bed of nicely crisp salad. The scampi and chips were very good and enjoyable and I would go back there again for them alone.

There is an Irish thing that bugs the hell out of me and it is the single anticipated answer to the question 'was everything all right for you'? from waiting staff. They anticipate a response of ' It was grand'! and most have no perception of how to deal with an adverse observation . If fact I doubt if they hear other than the anticipated reply and certainly do not compute it in the main unless you are making a right fuss that might result in a bill dispute.

So my response to the question was that I enjoyed my scampi but the side salad was limp,wilting and uninviting while the bed of salad was crisp. Hardly a serious complaint but not responded to.

As a regular Trip Advisor contributor I have at my discretion a sanction that I use very sparingly. I can rate the establishment lower than my review might suggest and thereby not contribute to elevating their ranking in their area. Thus there is a consequence to ignoring a clients observation or not training staff in how to deal with a negative comment.

Visited December 2012
Camp, Ireland
“Delicious Meal with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a wonderful meal last night in the Boat Yard Restaurant over looking Dingle Harbour, the Salmon just melted in your mouth as did the Fish Cakes, enjoyable experience, we will be back to sample your delicious meals thankyou

Ventry, Ireland
“Delicious Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Fishcakes were lovely! As was the chowder...Very friendly staff. We dined to the beautiful backdrop of Dingle Bay. Very enjoyable!

Paris
“Really great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

What a pleasure to be able to have lunch in Dingle on a wet winter's day in the pretty conservatory of this restaurant which stays open when many other restaurants have closed. The fish and the crab were excellent, very good wine was available by the glass and the delightful waitress was very helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere