“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Dingle
Ireland
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here last week, room was spotless, big and bright, breakfast very good, bar food was very good, we ate twice on both evening, service excellent, staff working here are fantastic nothing is too much for them. I think this is very good budget hotel and I will definitly come back here next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Worst meal I've ever had. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff. We had to get the menus ourselves.The place is designed to rip off tourists. All the food was frozen and vacuum packed and they charge prices of a decent restaurant. When we got the bill they still oncluded the food that was sent back. Do not done here!

• Stayed August 2013
Catherine C, Director of Sales at Smerwick Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sic,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfaction, it is not acceptable that you had to get the food menus yourself and I apologise for the shortfall in the service. I would like you to contact me to discuss your experience as we certainly would not like any guest to think that we were out to rip anybody off, also I would like to know why you thought our food was vacuum packed etc, it seems an unusual assumption for a guest to make and I can assure you it is not true, we source local products and prepare them each day on the premises. I would appreciate it if you could email me your contact details on info@htlmc.ie and I can go through your experience in more detail with you. Kind regards
Catherine Cronin
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here last weekend, and having read some of the reviews here beforehand, was a little apprehensive before arrivng. However, as one reviewer has already mentioned, the negative reviews are very unfair, to say the least. I travel a lot for work, and I've stayed in far worse hotels for much higher cost. This hotel was basic, but comfortable and makes no claims to be the Ritz or anything like it.
My family had 3 lovely nights here, ate twice in the bar, where we got good food at value for money prices, and I cannot praise the staff of the hotel highly enough. Everyone one of them was very pleasant to deal with and extremely helpful, especially the Polish girl who I think was the General Manager, she could sure show us Irish people how to be a model of what a Manager of a hotel should be.
This is one hotel myself and family will definitely be returning to.

Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed in July during what was obviously a busy weekend for the hotel and having read some of the reviews beforehand I feel them to be totally unfair and indeed some downright outrageous.
Yes this is a 3* Budget Hotel and you get what you pay for and that is what my review is based on and yes some areas are getting a little jaded.
The rooms were basic but very spacious and clean,bathrooms are basic but again clean and no problem with supply of towels.
The breakfasts were excellent both the buffet of cereals,breads cheese etc and the cooked breakfast served.What more could one ask for to start your day.( Remember the price you are paying.)
The bar is very pleasant and the bar food was again v.good barfood,well presented and reasonably priced.
We had just toasted sandwiches one evening and again,well presented and what we expected.
The staff were friendly,courteous and most helpful.
The Hotel is ideally located for touring the Dingle Peninsula and you do not want to or can not afford to pay Dingle Hotel prices.
It is walking distance from Gallarus Oratory,a must to see,short drive from nearby beach and their is a great local hackney service €4 per person each way if you want to spent an evening in Dingle in some of their great restraunts or bars.
All in all you get more than what you pay for.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on the 16th and 17th of July 2013 and loved it. This is the first review I have ever written but just felt I had to as so many negative comments here and a lot over the top. Our room was spotless and nothing like what is being described by grab a special offer and them moan like hell crowd. The staff were lovely and we had a lovely breakfast on both mornings with a cooked breakfast and a selection of cereals yogurt fruit and pastries. We had a lovely walk on the beach near by and were guided to the best boat tour of the Blaskets by the staff. Its approx 5k from Dingle and also near Ventry for water sports. We started our Slea head drive here and it was amazing and returned that night to dinner and few drinks at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and you get what you pay for and we felt more. We are looking forward to staying there next year and have recommended it to friends. Thanks to the staff and the hospitality we received were second to none. We continued our trip to a 4 star hotel in another city which was nice but liked the relaxed atmosphere in the Smerwick better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at Smerwick Harbour Hotel in July 2013 and I am suprised that people don't like this place. For me and my family everything was absolutly perfect. Rooms were clean, breakfast and bar food very good, staff welcoming and very friendly. We will definitly stay there next time when we will be in Dingle.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The rooms wear not clean and had a damp smell breakfast was lovely food was good but would not stay there again I would not recommend this hotel to anyone staff were very nice reception was nice to sit down in we had to get a different room because there was a spider in the room and snot on the bed sheets and and a bloody tissue on the bed and a damp smell they did give us another room which was a bit of a improvement

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Smerwick Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!