“Great time with beautiful views” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 26 Activities in Dingle
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Dingle Horse Riding. Set on the dramatic and beautiful west coast of Ireland, we specialise in two hour to week long riding holidays for experienced riders, taking in all the beauty and exhiliration of the mountains and beaches the Dingle Peninsula has to offer. We also offer one hour mountain rides for novice/beginner riders.Our horses are mostly Irish sporthorses, with some draught, cob and appaloosa, ranging from 14hh to 17hh. We pride ourselves in having happy, well-cared for and well turned out horses, friendly knowledgeable guides and great routes designed for both fantastic riding and views. Beginner/novice riders can only be taken on the 1 hour mountain ride. Only riders intermediate/advanced experienced in the English style of riding, able to post/rising trot and ride two point/forward seat in canter can be taken to the beaches. Riders will be assessed in the arena before leaving the yard, and during the one hour ride. In the interests of safety, and at the discretion of the guide, riders judged to be beginner/novice or inexperienced in an English style of riding will not be taken to the beach.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great time with beautiful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The mountain climb on the horses was fantastic! Amazing views and great, gentle and smart horses. Staff were kind and helpful and gave us a ride back to the city after! Lots of friendly animals at the stables.

Visited November 2013

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Must do while in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can not begin by properly expressing how much I absolutely enjoyed my horse riding experience in Dingle. My friend and I went on a weekend trip to Dingle, from London, solely for the purpose of horse riding. When we first arrived we were greeted by Susan, the owner, who asked us and the other couple (a mother and daughter) about our riding abilities. From there she was able to pick out horses for each of us based on our responses. We had all signed up for the mountain and beach trek, so after a bit of riding in the arena we headed up to the mountain. The weather was beautiful and the scenery even more so. We walked and trotted up the mountain and when we got to a flat area were able to canter a bit. The daughter in the other group was obviously having problems riding and our guide, Susan, made sure to speak with the mother about this. She expressed that the daughter would not be okay on the beach and by the time we got to the bottom of the mountain it was decided that the other couple would not be joining us at the beach. Susan sent them back to the barn and told them to wait an hour for us to get back and she would bring them on a ride to the river later. I was extremely impressed by this - they were untruthful about the daughters riding ability, yet she still took the time out of her day to bring them for a separate ride all on their own! We spent the rest of the time going down to the beach and riding through town. At the beginning of our ride, I expressed to Susan a bit of riding anxiety I had because it had been about a year since I last rode and she was very understanding of this throughout the whole ride. Even when my nerves had subsided she still took the time to check on me and make sure I felt comfortable. The horse that she chose for me was also perfect; his name is King and I couldn't have chose a better horse myself. Susan was a great guide and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and my experience with Dingle Horse Riding. If you are in Ireland or the UK and have a weekend to get out to Dingle, I HIGHLY recommend this! This experience is one in a lifetime and the cost is worth every penny. I cannot wait for the opportunity to go back for a weekend trek!

Visited October 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I loved the ride. It was a fair price and we had a good guide. Thank you! I will ride again when we come back.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Must horseback ride in Dingle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Dingle Horse Riding is AMAZING. You will never do anything like it. The owner is amazing and sweet - she will put you at ease if you're not an experienced rider and their horses are beautiful. You can't stay in Dingle and not do this!!

Visited September 2013
Winthrop, Washington, United States
“Excellent Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife Kit runs a trail-riding concession in the US, so during our visit to Dingle she decided to take a ride with these folks. She was very impressed! The staff are outgoing, professional, personable, and safety-conscious. Kit enjoyed a great ride up the ridge on an "Irish Cob", got spectacular views of the countryside and bay, and enjoyed chatting with the wranglers. Two thumbs up!!!

Visited September 2013