“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of An Speice

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
An Speice
You added An Speice to your Saves list
Ballyferriter West, Dingle, Ireland   |
Ranked #14 of 73 Dingle B&B and Inns
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a clean, well-situated B&B which is just far away from the restaurants and pubs in "downtown" Ballyferriter to make for a peaceful night's sleep. Also, all of the rooms are on one floor so you don't have to lug a 50 pound suitcase up three flights of stairs to your room. The scenery is fantastic. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived and were warmly greeted by Alice who brought us warm scones and tea. She was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. She answered any questions we had about the area. Alice was also completely honest. I accidently overpaid and she went to great lengths to find me to give me the correct change. I cannot recommend this B & B more.

• Stayed July 2012
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

An Speice is a beautiful little piece of paradise on the Dingle Peninsula. The front of the B&B looks out over fields, mountains and the ocean. Our room's window gave us a gorgeous view of Alice's flower garden in back. Alice is an energetic and welcoming proprieter who seems already a friend at first meeting. The ranch style B&B is on level surfaces without any stairs to challenge someone (However, I do not think the bathroom would be wheelchair accessable.) Our ensuite room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious! My only regret is that we couldn't have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montague, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Alice's An Speic was one of the highlights of our trip. We arrived late at night, cold and tired and a little wet, and Alice right away had us settled in and brought us tea and cookies in the cozy library where we snuggled in and warmed up before turning in. Our room was lovely -- sparkling clean, very quiet, extremely comfortable beds, and a peaceful view from the large picture window out onto the back garden, sheep field, and up to craggy An Speic ("The Spike") of the hill beyond.

Alice is an extremely warm and gracious host, genuinely interested in and concerned about our needs. I'd been having trouble accessing my e-mail since first arriving in Ireland a week earlier, and without a phone, hadn't been able to let my family know we'd arrived safely. Alice went out of her way to try to help me make the connection, offering me the use of her own computer, and even offering her phone so that I could call the States. The day we left, I asked Alice where I might be able to buy a little lunch freezer pack to pack lunches for the rest of my stay in Ireland. As I was packing the car, out came Alice, who tucked a reusable ice pack and small cooler box into my arms!

Breakfasts were DELICIOUS and large, setting us up well for the day, and were served in the very clean and comfortable dining room. Another large picture window gave us a stunning view out into the Ballyferriter Harbor, to the Three Sisters, and islands surrounding.

An Spiec is very close to all the ruins and sites we were interested in visiting in Western Dingle. We so loved our time at the nearby Gallarus Oratory, that we spent most of the day there. Another day, we visited the Kilmalkedar Cathedral ruins. Other nearby sites include the Glanafan clochans, An Riasc monastery ruins, and of course Great Blasket Island. Dingle town is just a 10-15 minute drive, easy to get to for shopping or dinner. We had a lovely evening one night at a trad music concert at St. James church.

I highly recommend An Speic, and look forward to returning for a future visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay at the wonderful Dingle Peninsula near to perfect, the beautiful B&B An Speice is the place to be.
Close to the nice little Ballyferriter Town, were you can find 4 Pubs and a small Supermarket, and direct at the scenic Slea Head Drive. So it is easy to reach from Dingle Town. You can take the longer but scenic Slea Head Drive with a wonderful view at the coastline or the faster direct way, which takes only around 10-15min by car.
You will find wonderful Host Alice Hannafin and her Husband John. They do everything to make your stay a perfect one.
The 4 Rooms are absolutely clean and look like newly refurbished. They are all quiet at the rear side of the building with a view to the green garden and the hills.
The Rooms are cleaned every day and so it has always been a pleasure to come back at the evening. I sleeped very good and beds are very good. The bath is small but very clean and looks new as well. You have a hairdryer and TV at every room.

You can choose from a wide range of food for breakfast. I preferred the Full Irish, but there is something for everyone, even if you only like cereals and very fresh fruits.
Here you can find the menu: http://www.anspeice.com/breakfast.htm
And the breakfast room has a direct stunning view at the coastline with hills and the Atlantic. There ist a cosy living room, when you want to take a coffee in the afternoon with TV.

The B&B ist perfectly situated at the Slea Head Drive close to Clogher Head (beautiful viewpoint), Ballyferriter Town (for Pubs), Gallarus Oratory, Brandon Mountain and you can walk to the local sandy beach at the Atlantic.
I stayed at the B&B for 9 nights and I can highly recommend it. Take a look at my pictures and you will know, what i mean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Alice was a great hostess and was friendly, helpfull and cater to our every requrements. I would recommend this place if you were ever in Ballyferriter.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This adorable B&B is just a few minutes walk from the restaurants and pubs of Ballyferriter, where we had a great pub meal followed by traditional music. When we returned at the end of the night, Alice had warmed our beds for us! It was the highlight of all our B & B overnight stays on this trip, especially after being caught out in the cold Irish rain for a short bit. Our room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was AMAZING. We ate far too much while chatting with the other guests in the small breakfast room. We hiked Mt. Brandon the next day, and Alice gave us good advice on which trail to take, directions, etc., and willingly acted as our safety contact so someone would know we arrived back safely from our trek! Overall a great experience at An Spiece!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to An Speice? Share your experiences!