“Denis Ryan made the Dingle Peninsula come alive for us!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
bethlehem, pa
8 attraction reviews
“Denis Ryan made the Dingle Peninsula come alive for us!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

During our recent trip (our first & celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary) to Ireland, we had the great fortune to take Denis Ryan’s “Archaeological and Scenic Tour” of the Dingle Peninsula. It was a private tour (my wife and I) in Denis’s car and, we chose the 4hr version. We could not have been more pleased. We had booked by e-mail well in advance of our visit. We had arranged to meet Denis in Dingle town and, while Denis told us he could customize the tour for special interests, his Slea Head tour seemed to have the right balance for us. Scenery, culture, history and folklore were wonderfully mixed. Denis’s wonderful, welcoming personality was a plus and, since he resides on the Peninsula, his personal insights into the land and its people were a treat. The pace of the tour was just right, with time to see things together, some time to explore on our own, and a pleasant desert and coffee break with Denis at one of his favorite small cafés. We would highly recommend this tour to anybody wishing to explore the Dingle Peninsula.

JK USA

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Dennis Ryan is the man!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have been to the Dingle area three times prior to my most recent trip, but this time (early July 2010) I met Dennis and he showed me so many things that I previously had no clue about. My husband and I took his tour, just the two of us, Dennis told us the greatest stories, showed us all the most important sites, and shares his love of this very special area with us. Next time I go back he will be my first phone call. He is such a friendly and easy going guide but also so knowledgable!

Boulder, Colorado
“Personable, Knowledgable, Intimate Tour of the Penninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Tour Guide and resident of the Dingle Peninsula, Denis Ryan <www.dingletours.com> collected me at my B & B and with one other tourist in his car we drove around the Peninsula for several hours while he gave a passionate accounting of everything I was interested in (NOT the Ryan's Daughter movie info, though he's happy to provide that to those who wish). High on my list was the beehive huts, and he took us to one less populated, plus a side entrance to another precluding our having to pay a fee. I was fascinated to visit the Ogham stones and learn of the early Celtic alphabet, and delighted to hear more about the Blasket Islands. Besides being a treasure trove of iinformation, Denis was such a gentleman about my lost wallet, which slipped out of my pocket in his car. He actually drove back to the B & B later in the day to return it to me!

DUBLIN
“DAY TOUR OF THE DINGLE PENINSULA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We took THE DAY TOUR OF DINGLE [-] from Killarney in Ireland , and really enjoyed the whole day . The guide / driver ( ERIC ANDERSON) gave a great commentary on the history and culture of THE DINGLE PENINSULA . A very good day touring for only 25 euro.

washington, dc
4 attraction reviews
“Best tour in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Add us to the Dennis Ryan fan club, which, I'm sure, is composed of everyone who has taken his tour.

This was our favorite tour in Ireland during our 2 weeks in the country. Dennis is passionate about the history and the people of the Dingle peninsula and it shows, but, most of all, he knows his stuff.

Even better, he drives! The roads are narrow, often unmarked, and filled with buses. Seeing it all with an experienced and knowledgeable driver behind the wheel was a joy. Must do in Dingle.