“Great accomodation with very friendly hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ballinvounig House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Ballinvounig House
Dingle, Dingle, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Dingle
Duren, Germany
“Great accomodation with very friendly hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed for three nights in a very spacious twin room of Ballinvounig House. Private parking was available just in front of it.The furniture was comfortable and we had a stunning view of the Dingle Bay. In the morning our hostess Brid served a delicious and plentiful breakfast with homemade bread. Thank very much you to Brid.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

My sister, mother and I ended up at Ballnvounig House at the last minute after the B & B we had originally booked with made a mistake with our reservation (put us in the wrong month). It was the best thing that could have happened. Brid was delightfully charming and accomodating. Her home is clean and comfortable and the food is great. We would highly recommend her to anybody.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I was travelling in a mixed group of men and women when we happened open this guest house. We had not pre-booked and had knocked on numerous doors before another B&B owner called ahead to enquire for us here. The lady of the house was very inquisitive and chatty, but the rooms were immaculate and spacious; the breakfast was overly generous (she even insisted we bag up some scones for the journey on. The only fault we found was the plastic mattress protectors which made for a hot and fretful night (I can't think why we didn't ask her to remove them, we were there several nights!)
I would recommend this place, but only if you're driving as it's a little way out of town.
I would also recommend horse riding on Dingle beach, which the B&B owner booked for us, it was a really fabulous experience.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the sweet scent of honeysuckle!

Brig Sheehy, the proprietess, was very warm and accomodating. Her recommendation for dining in Dingle -- Murphy's Pub -- was spot on. She'll give you the inside scoop on what the area has to offer.

When I was battling a cold during my stay, she checked in on my and brought breakfast to me. That's service!

The room was very clean and well-appointed. On a clear day, the view of the Dingle Peninsula is stunning. It's not in downtown Dingle but certainly quite close to the pubs and shops.

I would highly recommend Ballinvounig House to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Large airy room with terrific views over miles of the Dingle Peninsular. Hosts couldn't have been more accommodating and I will certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed two nights at the Ballinvounig House in Dingle. There were 5 of us and we stayed in 3 rooms. We were all very pleased with our stay there.The hostess was very helpful and friendly. She went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable, and even drove me into town. The breakfast was very good. The rooms facing the beautiful Dingle countryside were bright, pleasant and roomy. My husband and I had a room with one double and one single bed. The view from our room, and the dining room was breathtaking. It overlooked miles of rolling green countryside. The Ballinvounig was everything I expected from a B&B in Ireland. I will go back someday!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Folsom, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We traveled with friends and had read no reviews of Ballinvounig House because we hadn't planned to stay there. However, things don't always go as planned and our previous hostess arranged for us to stay at Ballinvounig - it was a wonderful experience. We had lovely rooms with beautiful views and a great breakfast. Brid was charming, helpful, and funny. The house was farther from Dingle center than we thought we wanted, but in the end we really appreciated the quiet, and it actually only took a few minutes to drive into the village.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ballinvounig House? Share your experiences!