“Best Seafood I Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Seafood I Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stopped in for lunch on our last day in Dingle. The freshest of the fresh, they won't even open the place unless they've caught something that morning. I'd ordered 2 starters instead of an entree: The tuna medallions with pesto and a crab claw and crayfish duo served on this pilo crust with a garlic cream sauce. It. Was. FABULOUS. Take note: the menu changes daily, depending on what they catch, I believe.

We'd tried for dinner the night before (this was mid-week), but the place was packed and near closing, so be sure to make a reservation for an evening meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Nice and cozy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Couldn't get in on our first night, make sure you try and get a reservation. We had the second best meal in Dingle sorry. For a seafood lover make sure and try to stop in. Wont be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
London
“Tasty but gave me food poisoning!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This place had good reviews and was very busy. My husband, my mother in law and I managed to get a seat and we each had a seafood chowder. The chowder tasted great but unfortunately, I was sick within hours and my mother in law and husband followed suit rapidly.....I spent the rest of my holiday throwing up.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City
“A break from fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Unassuming from the outside, this lovely spot is full of wonderful flavors and offers an amazing array of fresh seafood. The ever changing menu is presented on a blackboard that is brought to your table for your review. While the food and atmosphere was lovely, the service was lacking the lovely hospitality we've enjoyed elsewhere on our visit to Ireland.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oostende
“Good food and service but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and me were received very friendly. It was a top evening, so we had a booking for the late shift after nine pm. We had to wait at the counter, which was no problem, but a glass wine on the house would have been a nice gesture. Service was very friendly, the starter of crayfish and crab was delicious. Main dishes were a sea bass grilled on charcoal (which was only after asking revealed as farmed). Mains were very good. The white wine from Sardinia very good as the Barbera d'Alba. Expensive but that is the case everywhere in Ireland. In a nutshell: good food, wines on the menu chosen with care but pricey. We left with a price tag of 170 Euro for two for three courses and two bottles.

• Visited May 2014