“Nice to have a good Italian back in Kenmare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Vita Ristorante

Bella Vita Ristorante
18 Henry Street, Kenmare, Ireland (Formerly Prego)
+(353)064 664 0010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Kenmare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Dining on a budget
Description: WELCOME TO BELLA VITA RISTORANTE!We desire and dream about our food, attaching it to distant memories of childhood, friends, loved ones and family. We know that a wonderful meal is not about the food and drink we consume; it is a poignant experience bonding us to it eternally.Bella Vita Ristorante is an authentic and down-to-earth place, where the mouth-watering Italian and Irish cuisine heightens the informal ambience, the culinary inspired dishes and the thoughtfully selected wine list. Whether a guest prefers the rustic and cosy dining room or the amorous candle lit courtyard area, it is a gathering spot for those who want to revive their much-loved memories or create new ones.Situated in historic Kenmare in County Kerry in the South West of Ireland, Bella Vita Ristorante features Irish/Italian comfort food reborn as contemporary takes on classics prepared to order by our chefs, one of whom hails from Rimini in Italy.The new owners describe their acquisition of number 18 as a dream becoming a reality. They are simply passionate about fresh, authentic, Italian food and want to share their passion with you.
Cork, Ireland
“Nice to have a good Italian back in Kenmare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Although there had been an Italian restaurant at this address for years before, Bella Vita is a brand-new restaurant, only open since Summer 2013, and they seem to have hit the ground running.

Knowing a good thing, they have stuck with the menu from the previous business, but the execution of these dishes has moved up a notch.

Good ambience, although I'd personally like to see them create at least a couple of booths, to make the place seem less exposed.

Great value too, and some really pleasant staff round off the whole thing. I regularly visit Kenmare with my wife, and had missed our "Friday night Italian" slot from our long-weekend routine, but Bella Vita has fixed that for us. We'll be back next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Naas, Ireland
“Heavenly Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

On a recent weekend visit I ate at the Bella Vita for dinner and breakfast. This restaurant has a warm cheerful atmosphere which makes you want to come back for more. Mick the owner greets and attends to you like a personal friend. You feel right at home here. The staff are smiling, courteous and alert. It is obvious they enjoy working here in this friendly restaurant. For main course I had the sirloin steak which was as good as many a fillet I've have eaten, cooked to perfection, you could cut it with your finger. For dessert I ate the Italian Meringue which brought me back to my childhood, wanting to lick the plate, it was so yummy. For breakfast the following morning I had The Skillet, a dish to die for. I was full for the rest of the day. I would definitely recommend Bella Vita to anyone visiting Kenmare who is looking for delicious food at reasonable prices.

Visited October 2013
Ochlocknee, Georgia
“A small world dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We happened into Bella Vita by accident after a couple from Chicago recommended it. As it turned out, the owner's wife was from Louisana USA as was one person in our group...each of the two went to college in the other's home town! The meal was excellent and reasonably priced and we were delighted to have found it. I had lasagne and was very pleased.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Delray Beach, Florida
“"Truly" Delicious..!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The last thing we were expecting is Delicious Italian food In Ireland!!! Well
Bella Vita .. is all that & more... Mmmmm Good! The food was Great!!! the service was friendly, attentive & professional... and the atmosphere was Perfect!!! The Best meal in town!!! Geri..
Delray Beach.. FL.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, Florida
“Greatest Lasagna Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We love Italian food and had to have a fix while in Ireland. I had the Lasagna Al Forno, and it was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. I think the key was the sauce which was Bolognese sauce and bechemal sauce. It was delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere