“Perfect for a good nights sleep” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Henry Street, Kenmare, Ireland   |
Ranked #14 of 62 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Split, Croatia
“Perfect for a good nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

Everything was great about Davitt's - the location, the comfortable bed, the spacious room, very hot shower and the generous hot and cold breakfast. We were exhausted from driving most of the Ring of Kerry that day and needed a room that was quiet - we couldn't even hear the restaurant/bar downstairs nor any of our neighbours. It was just what we needed.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

I haven't stayed in Kenmare before - only at a B&B outside of town, because I thought staying in town would be noisy. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay in Davitts as the rooms are to the back of the guesthouse (which is on one of 2 main streets in town) so I heard nothing from the street. Check in & out was a breeze. The room was spacious and the bathroom of good size as well. Both rooms were spotless. The linens on the bed were so crisp and clean. The mattress was very firm and comfortable. I was surprised to find complimentary soap, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Dinner downstairs in their restaurant was very nice - quite a varied menu, reasonable prices for Kenmare, a fire burning in the fireplace, candles on the tables, no television like there normally is by the bar!!!, relaxed atmosphere, and the waiter and waitress on staff were attentive, gracious and pleasant. I met Mary, the owner, at breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. and she never stopped smiling, There was plenty of choice for breakfast - cereals, yogurt, fruit, juice, baked goods and breads and of course, an irish breakfast with eggs cooked however I liked. Excellent experience and when I come back to Kenmare, I'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

For A Home Base when touring south Kerry and Cork this location is a prime hub for touring. The ring of Kerry, Killarney, the Gap of Dunloe, Sneem. the Black Valley, both the Beara and Dingle peninsulas, Macroom, Blarney Castle all are within reach for day trips. As for the accomidations, I have experienced none better unless it was at 3 or 4 times the cost. The Resturant on site is great and I eat there often even when staying with family in the next town when they can accomidate me. I can not say enough about the smily faces and friendly staff. Having referred many of my friends and family in the past, I have never gotten negative feedback. Say HI to Mary for me and tell her I said hello. John McCann Sulivan, Tallahassee,

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Rugby England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I have been looking for property in the Kenmare region of Co Kerry for some time and came across this hotel.The rooms are very comfortable,extremely clean and nicely furnnished.All the rooms I stayed in had a TV and ensuite. The hotel goes back off the road so that the rooms are very quiet at night. As a single traveller I could not have been made more welcome and the owners were very helpful in directing me around the local area.The breakfast is really good (I have the full Irish ) but there are plenty of alternative choices.This hotel is very centrally placed in Kenmare and ther are lots of speciality restaurants within a short walk away.I have been to many hotels in England and Ireland and can honestly say that this is one of the best small hotels I have stayed in. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.(in fact I have already recommended it to a number of freinds)

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business

Been to Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse? Share your experiences!