“More than I expected” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 61 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“More than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here, unexpectedly during a drive around the south or Ireland. I fell in love with the view and the surroundings.
The view from the front bed room was second to none. I could have sat and looked out the window for days.
The decor was kitsch with modern touches.

The breakfast was beautiful, the dinning area comfortable and offered the same stunning views.

I'll be looking this one up for my next trip.

Room Tip: Get the front room, so worth the views.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

What a pleasure it was to stay in this lovely B&B. The view was absolutely incredible and well worth the short scenic drive out from town center. Our hostess, Maureen, was warm and welcoming and provided us with a delicious gourmet breakfast, overlooking the harbor. The en suite rooms were clean and very comfortable. We would look forward to a return visit to this pretty B&B, and highly recommend for your next visit to Kenmare.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We mistakenly drove to Harbour View B&B only to find we could not leave. The view was unmatched and the B&B was the nicest in which I have stayed in all my travels through Europe. Everything was perfectly situated and immaculate. There were so many extra touches given that Harvour View reminded me of a top-rated hotel. The hostess was both friendly and helpful. And that view! I find it difficult to believe this gem just outside Kenmare does not receive more attention from travel guides. I suppose the travel experts want to place you in the hub of the cities, but there is nothing like a night of quiet reflection in the midst of the best view among the area's B&Bs.

Room Tip: Most rooms are ensuite and all have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I spent two splendid nights at the Harbour View B&B earlier this week. The facilities are impeccable-- our bedroom and the common areas looked to have been sterilized, they're very attractively appointed and the breakfast room is set in a beautiful greenhouse with a magnificent view of the sea; the full Irish breakfast itself is fabulous, and served on beautiful china.

But it was the warmth, generosity of spirit and helpfulness of the proprietress, Mrs. McCarthy, that shone through when we had car trouble that really caught our attention. Without her kind (and exceedingly efficient) assistance in getting the car replaced with one that actually worked, we'd have lost at least a day's worth of sightseeing; we are very grateful to her for all her help and sympathetic spirit. And she wouldn't even let us pay for the long distance phone calls!

Our advice is to book early so as not to miss out on this wonderful property and its delightful host!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view-- just spectacular and very soothing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My father and I spent two nights here. The hosts were kind enough to upgrade our room for us on the second night, as the larger one was available. We were on quite a long vacation, and I was perfectly content to just relax in the room while my dad went about golfing and sightseeing. Really a very pretty home and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed three nights at Harbour View and found it very difficult to leave. We dearly would like to have stayed longer. The B&B is ideally situated on the Ring of Beara and near the Ring of Kerry, and just far enough out of Kenmare to enjoy some real peace and quiet, yet close enough to the town to shop, eat, etc. Maureen was a very gracious hostess, with nothing too much for us. She was incredibly helpful in advising what to do, where to go and where to dine. Our room was well layed out, extremely clean and very comfortable. And the breakfasts - they were the best we expereinced in Ireland. The banana pancakes were to die for! We will return to Ireland and will certainly make Harbour View our number one choice around Kenmare. We have no hesitation in recommending Harbour View.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Anger, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

look at the view !!!
perfect hosts and breakfast. nice rooms, reasonable rates.
free wifi in the living room.
we'll be back again !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbour View? Share your experiences!