“Great Stay In a Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sneem Road, Kenmare, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Certificate of Excellence 2014
IRELAND
“Great Stay In a Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Great stay in a great town

Stayed in Kenmare recently in the Kenmare Bay Hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable, nice and close to the town centre which has lovely pubs and restaurants. We enjoyed the swimming pool, especially as the weather wasn’t the best. We didn’t have dinner in the restaurant but did have a very tasty lunch in the bar. Would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Liked — -
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Donegal Town, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

I recently stayed in the Kenmare Bay and to be honest can't quite see where some of the unfavourable reviews lately have come from.
Granted when I stayed I was in the new part of the hotel, which is out of this world by the way but for someone to say the place was not clean or the service was not up to scratch, I just don't get it.
We had never been to Kenmare before and on our first morning we asked reception about the local attractions. The girl spent half an hour with us giving us all the information we could possibly want. Not only that but she actually booked our trips for us. In most hotels you would be shown the brochure stand and be left to find your own way.
I met the accommodation manager in the corridor on one of the mornings and she stopped to speak to me and my daughter, she was so pleasant and helpful and gave us a "no problem" attitude for anything we wanted.
I think the hotel is beautiful, the health club is fabulous, the kids camp is a real bonus again with wonderful staff and I can't wait to return and try out the houses on the grounds.

Very Satisfied.

• Liked — Magnificient Surroundings Outstanding Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

I recently stayed here for a few nights with my wife and two kids. I am from cork in ireland and often travel around kerry just for a break now and again. I have been to kenmare numerous times and love the town. I had never stayed here before though. Thank God!! It was stinking. The sheets in my room had stains all over them. . They had this big modern tv in a dirty smelly room which quite dumbfounded me.I would have spent the money on clean sheets. In general the whole place just needed a good clean. Dont get me wrong there is a lovely modern part of the hotel which looks quite nice but the hygene is probably the same.I dont care if a hotel is old or modern , all I ask for is cleanliness and that the sheets i get into at night have not been used by somebody else. The bar is absolutley tiny. I was quite puzzled because i spent quite a while looking for the main bar but then realized that the little bar they have was it. I have stayed in many many hotels in ireland and this was definatley one of the worst ones. I know now why every other hotel in kenmare was fully booked and this had lots of vacancies. Never again!!!

• Liked — breakfast was ok
  • Disliked — everything else
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

just come back from a few days at the kenmare bay hotel and enjoyed my stay. myself and husband plus two kids stayed in a holiday home on the grounds of the hotel, the house was beautifully decorated. the kids were entertained every morning with siobhan at the kids club which they loved. the leisure centre was great for them too. When a few mornings for breakfast and dinner one evening which was nice. would recommend for families

• Liked — leisure centre/ kids club
Galway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

Have been to Kerry often in the past this is a lovely town with great views. But this hotel needs a bit of refreshing in some areas. Construction work happening at the hotel at the time I arrived. The room I stayed in was lovely, modern and clean ( I had a swipe keycard) however a family member was staying in an older room (old key) and his room was not of the same standard which was a pity. So if you book request a room in the new section of the hotel. Reception was a bit slow checking in and checking out. Looking forward to breakfast and arrived early, but it was dissapointing. The buffet section was very sparse & some of the items e.g. the fruit was old should have been replaced. One of my favorite things when staying at a hotel is the breakfast and because so many places in Ireland do such a great "Irish Breakfast" I think there is no excuse for scrimping on this part of the service. The restaurant needs to be refitted to come up to the standards of the new parts of the hotel.

• Liked — Clean modern room
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Galway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

I have just come back from a Stay at the kenmare Bay Hotel this Week, What A shambles from the start to finish. There's so many suits walking around but no one getting served. The food was lovely but the service was rubbish. Its just like one big scramble in the restaurant, But again no- one getting served on speaking to a manager called liam about our complaint he did nt know whether he was coming or going when our food did arrive after 25 mins between starter & main course he offered us a measly drink from the bar but no apology. The whole experience was laughable & Wont be returning.
I will pass on all my comments to as many people as possible
Thanks
Very Dissapointed!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I recently stayed in Killarney at one of the hotels belonging to this hotel group.When i was leaving and touring the ring of kerry the receptionist was suggesting the Kenmare Bay Hotel as my next stop.
I decided to stay over there a night and was pleased with my decision. The hotel has beautiful views and is conveniently located. The building is slightly more modern than the Killarney Court Hotel and has a beautiful appearance both on the interior and exterior. The reception area is stunning and great for socialising. Check in was easy and hassle-free. The hotel also has a lovely restaurant and a cosy bar. The rooms were once again finished to a high standard.
The village of Kenmare is as Irish as they come. I had the luck of being down there during an annual festival and it was a real treat. Streets filled with people having a good time accompanied by the traditional Guinness of course.
The restaurants are all very personal, but full of Irish character. There is something to everybody’s taste from stunning 4 star restaurants where you will find most of the tourists to small diners where the locals get together. I had the luck of visiting both and the food proved exceptional all over.

• Liked — The excellent service and the standard of the bedrooms.
  • Disliked — Just the weather.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!