“Absolutely Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This Hotel is beautiful with a wonderful view of the mountains. There is a shortcut path to town which makes the walk only take a few minutes. Our room was very clean, large and well appointed. The only item I missed was a blow drier but I did not ask for it at the desk. The breakfast is not included here but there is a restaurant on site. Ken are has many great places to eat breakfast if you have the time. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. We also used the health club but the pool is used for swimming lessons until 7:00 P.M. We returned at 8:00P.M. And enjoyed the hot tub while visiting with a few locals. They can purchase memberships in the health club here. The steam room is not open right now but the hot tub reopened today. Coffee, tea and bottled water is provided in the room. I have no complaints.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms face the mountains but all the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, Its always a pleasure to leave guests smiling on their departure from our hotel. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to all of my team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Andrew Rees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights midweek and had a pleasant stay. We got a superb deal and really got value for money. Hotel has ample parking and is very near Kenmare Village (You can walk down a special track in 5 mins and be in the village).

Wifi was poor in the rooms and dropped off continuously but seemed to be a little better in lobby and bar.

The breakfast i found to be very average, but really I think it was on the Poor side. Not much to it really. You get the usual fry but it was bland. I stayed with Muesli and fruit for my second and third days.The bar food was nice. Couldn't fault it. Didnt have dinner in Restaurant.

Carpet in lift needs to be replaced as its stinking.

Rooms were grand. Clean, but bed was a standard double. No luxurious King or Queen. But I am sure the hotel have beds with these sizes if you ask. TV was small and reception on some channels was poor.

Staff were helpful.

Bar was strange. Not the nicest hotel bar I have ever seen. Not somewhere you would want to stay long.

Swimming pool in Leisure Centre was lovely. And Gym was nice too.
Overall..despite my critical points, We had a good stay and I would reccommend the hotel and come here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and facilities. I also appreciate your comments regarding the aspects of your stay that you felt less happy with. I can assure you that all areas will be looked into and that on your next visit, we can showcase these changes.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Bunratty, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a one night stay here for a hen party. The staff in this hotel were amazing. The lovely girl at the front desk was nice to be able to accommodate us with an early check in which we really appreciated. The rooms were spacious and clean and had very comfortable beds. We had dinner included in our package. Normally with inclusive packages you can expect a pretty standard menu to choose from. Not at the Kenmare Bay Hotel. The food was so amazing that the mother of the bride didn't actually believe it was included in the package and expected to pay extra for it. The girls were raving about the food even the next day. As a vegan myself I wasn't expecting much to be available for myself. All I can say is they must have a 5 star chef working there. At one point I was considering asking for recipes :) This hotel is completely flawless. I will definitely be making a return trip in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am pleased to read that you and your party had an enjoyable stay here with us. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to my chef and the rest of my team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Andrew Rees.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding reception here, food was amazing, the hotel looked amazing and location is beautiful. The staff were brilliant and can't praise them enough, its the small touchs this hotel has to offer when we went to our room the staff had a framed photo of our big day. Thanks to all at the kenmare bay for an amazing day

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I am happy to read that you had a beautiful wedding day here with us and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again on your anniversary. Congratulations again from all at the Kenmare Bay Hotel.

Andrew Rees.
Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was a nice updated hotel. There is a path to town you might want to take, but it is a walk uphill back, but 5 Euros will get you a Taxi back to the hotel. Room was large as well as the bath and the views from the room of the hills in the distance were fine although we were positioned overlooking the parking lot it was quiet and landscaping was excellent. Very helpful staff
Breakfast is included and was also quite good.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel. Although we stayed on the front side, I think the vie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed a quiet break away at our hotel. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sutton Coldfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is a short walk from the lovely little town of Kenmare and is also on the walking route of the Kerry Way. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom very well appointed, with superior shower and a bath too. The staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: We had a good view from our room but I believe this does not apply to all rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the hotel with us and in the beautiful area of Kenmare. I will be happy to pass on all your compliments to the team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Prudhoe, Northumberland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have just returned from our 3 night stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel earlier this month. The Hotel is well appointed and the staff friendly, we were upgraded to a superior room which was very clean and comfortable with good views to the hills, the bathroom with separate shower enclosure was particularly luxurious. We took 2 evening meals in the bar area, the food was typical "bar standard", my fish (cod) on the 2nd night was disappointing ! We ate in the main restaurant on the last night and although the food was expensive it was far superior - my fillet steak being cooked to perfection. Breakfasts were typical buffet fair, although the staff had appeared to cope well with the coach tours that had eaten earlier, sandwiches in the courtyard bar at lunchtime were freshly made and accompanied by a very tasty fresh salad. We did not try the Spa and Gym but we did visit and they looked clean and well appointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to read that you had a enjoyable stay here at the hotel with us. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew Rees

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!