“Kenmare Bay Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Prudhoe, Northumberland
“Kenmare Bay Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have just returned from our 3 night stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel earlier this month. The Hotel is well appointed and the staff friendly, we were upgraded to a superior room which was very clean and comfortable with good views to the hills, the bathroom with separate shower enclosure was particularly luxurious. We took 2 evening meals in the bar area, the food was typical "bar standard", my fish (cod) on the 2nd night was disappointing ! We ate in the main restaurant on the last night and although the food was expensive it was far superior - my fillet steak being cooked to perfection. Breakfasts were typical buffet fair, although the staff had appeared to cope well with the coach tours that had eaten earlier, sandwiches in the courtyard bar at lunchtime were freshly made and accompanied by a very tasty fresh salad. We did not try the Spa and Gym but we did visit and they looked clean and well appointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to read that you had a enjoyable stay here at the hotel with us. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to my team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Andrew Rees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Howth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Kenmare Bay hotel last week (two couples) and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were lovely, our rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet, and the swimming pool and leisure facilities are a real bonus. The hotel really is only a 4-5 min stroll from Kenmare town which is a delight to explore.

The food was great, especially the one evening meal we enjoyed in the dining room. Breakfast (hot and cold) is self-service, buffet style and while plentiful, the hot breakfast would be more enjoyable if served to order (more economic too?). The toast appeared half-cooked and soggy... a minor detail but one which would make all the difference, if corrected.

Overall, our stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel surpassed all expectations. Huge thanks to the hotel staff for being so friendly and helpful. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am glad to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here with us and we surpassed all of your expectations. I will be happy to pass on all of your compliments to my team and I will take your comments on our breakfast into consideration.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

we stayed a week in a house on the grounds of the hotel. we had access to the pool which the kids loved twice a day. the staff were very nice. Kenmare is the most beautiful place in the world! the location of the hotel is perfect for sight seeing

Room Tip: plenty of places to eat in Kenmare so skip the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us in our holiday homes, availing of all of our facilities for children and adults alike. I will be happy to pass on your compliments to all of my team.

We Hope to see you again in the future.

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We found the hotel well located and the rooms were comfortable.
I asked for a Calypso coffee in the bar and the staff had never heard of it, but were happy to follow my instructions on how to make it! very like an Irish Coffee but with Tia Maria. This was only a small thing and the staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine would have been nice to have had ham as well as cheese on the cold buffet as I don't usually have a cooked breakfast and usually opt for brown bread, cheese and cold meat and some fruit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here with us at the hotel. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast buffet I will be taking them into consideration.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here as part of a walking group. My single room was large, clean and well appointed with a view over to the hills. Breakfasts were very good, with a wide choice. In the evening, as a group, we had a limited choice from the menu, which was mostly, with a couple of exceptions, good. A couple of the times the service could have been better - maybe they were overstretched with weddings. The staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I would happily stay there as an independent guest.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing the hills was good and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad to read that you had a comfortable stay here in our hotel as part of a group. I will be glad to pass on your compliments to all of my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Kenmare Bay hotel in August. This is a perfect hotel for visiting Kenmare. It's less than a 5 minute walk into town. The hotel also has a very nice and modern gym and swimming pool. The hotel also has its own pub and they have live music sometimes. The service at the hotel is also very good. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, I am glad to read that you had a lovely stay here at the hotel with us. Many thanks for your compliments on our staff and facilities I will be glad to let them all know.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

At the end of August, we stayed in this hotel for three nights, as part of a wedding celebration at the nearby Dromquinna Manor. From reception, right across the spectrum, all the staff we came into contact with, were very friendly and helpful. Driving to the hotel, it seems to be a long way from the centre of the town, but there was a pedestrian laneway which allowed you to make this journey at a leisurely pace within five minutes. The rooms were clean, bur fairly dated, and I think a makeover is probably overdue. Breakfast was fine, and the food we got at the bar was also well up to standard. There was a very noisy group staying at the hotel, and this did impinge on our enjoyment. I appreciate that all social groups are entitled to equal treatment, but they should be obliged to comply with normal standards of behaviour.
That apart, it does provide a base for exploring the lovely town of Kenmare, albeit an expensive choice, compared with the huge range of alternative accommodation available in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew R, General Manager at Kenmare Bay Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Kenmare and appreciate your kind comments about our staff and food.
I do apologise if you were disrupted during your stay by noise and hope that this will not deter a future stay with us.

I hope that we can welcome you back and feel free to contact me directly if you wish to book.

Andrew Rees

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!