“Full of atmosphere and good food, would highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Full of atmosphere and good food, would highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My family visited the Lime Tree on 15/03/14 and found it to be full of atmosphere and good food, beautifully set in a quaint stone wall cottage with warm stoves @ candles burning. The staff were friendly, efficient and child friendly. Half portions of some dishes available for kids. My kids are still talking about the chicken wings @ crepes for desert. I really loved the complimentary garlic bread @ brown bread with tapenade. I had the Duck which I would highly recommended as it was very succulent with amazing flavours. Overall a very memorable evening and is top of our list on our next visit to Kenmare.

• Visited March 2014

Tralee, Ireland
“Return Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Back in Kenmare for a visit and i had to return to the Lime Tree. I just loved the atmosphere once you enter the front Door. We had the kids with us and i wasn't sure how we would be received but i was delighted that the Staff couldn't have been nicer. We got an early Sitting which was great for the kids. The Kids loved the Carrot and Corriander Soup, something they wouldn't have had at home. I had the Chicken wings and the Chicken. All were fab. Was too full to have a Dessert. My wife had the steak and it was cooked to perfection. I was delighted that they accomodated Gluten Free.Little things make a difference. The kids really enjoyed it too. We were made feel Welcome. Thanks to Cathy the Waitress. She was extremely pleasant and friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Their first night open so perhaps thats why”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nothing exceptional about food. Staff were pleasant and the place was busy but paid €100 for 2 two course meals with a carafe of wine. Food not to that level

Visited March 2014
“Best dining experience, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

An inviting exterior fuelled high expectations which were surpassed by an incredible eating out experience.
Amazing food - succulent prawns, a creative lamb dish, delicious salmon with the tangiest, tastiest sauce which complimented the fish to perfection, and last of all incredible crêpes topped off with the best butterscotch sauce ever !
We basked in the bustling ambiance throughout the evening enhanced by the warm and friendly maître-dee. To our surprise and delight the chef appeared with our dessert on request from the maître-dee following an off the cuff comment which compared the presentation to the highest standards of Masterchef.
We highly recommend The Lime Tree to everyone and can't wait to come back again !

Tralee, Ireland
“Will be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was staying with my wife in Kenmare over the Christmas and the Lime tree was highly recommended to us and i am delighted it was. I really enjoyed my Meal. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I am a coeliac and the menu was so coeliac friendly. They made sure that i wasn't losing out in any way. Thanks for chef for that. Will be back in Kenmare over the coming weeks and will be definitely giving the The Lime tree restaurant a visit again.

• Visited December 2013