“Good Home Cooked Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
DUBLIN IRELAND
“Good Home Cooked Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Service was very friendly and efficient. I had the Beef and Veg Pie and it was one of the tastiest I've had in a very long time. My friend who's is a vegetarian, went for the tagliatelle and he is still talking about it!!
Good honest food at reasonable prices. Give it a go!!

Visited April 2012

Dublin
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was my second trip to Mai Fitz and after the first visit I wasn't looking forward to it, the food here is poor and most dishes are tastless, the steak was ok the second time round but just ok, the starter and desert were awful.
Go to the Horseshoe instead, same price much better food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
IRELAND
“Try anywhere else you like. Jumbo's was better value.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I visited this restaurant in December with four other friends. The service was very very slow. We arrived and ordered drinks which came quickly. The Guinness is not very nice. We ordered our food at his point and some thing small to share while we waited. The something small was 25 minutes in its arrival. The main course was another 30 minutes after this. I ordered pasta and chicken with spinace in a cream sauce. The pasta was well over cooked and practically paste. The other dishes were chicken stuffed with White pudding and it was literally that. Nothing spectacular about it at all and at just under €20 for the plate of food you would think it would contain some effort on the chef's part. The last dish was monkfish with mustard mash. This was the best of the lot and at €21.50 it would want to be. Listowel is not a foodie town and this being the best of the lot on trip advisor would exemplify it. If you want a decent meal save your money and go to the chipper in the town called Jumbo's just up the road from this restaurant. Order a snack box and stuffing with a curry sauce and you will feel you have got a better meal and much better value. Never going here again!

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tralee, Ireland
“great food, great staff & great atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I went to Mai Fitzs recently for a girls night out. When we arrived there was an immediate lovely ambiance, subdued light (my pet hate is over lit bright restaurants, especially in the evening)and warm tealights on the tables and shelves around.

The waitress was very friendly and though the place was busy seated us very quiclky.

The food was really faultless to be honest, the steak tender, the fish fresh with a lovely sauce and we all tasted my friends pasta with garlic and mushrooms which was gorgeous.

The bread, desserts and even the tartare sauce which one friend had with fish & chips (which were the best she has ever had!!) were all homemade by the chef!!!

I would recommend this restaurant to everybody I know, as we had travelled from Tralee and will be telling all my friends, family & work colleagues to make the trip to Listowel to eat in Mai Fitzs!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Ireland
“Absolutely Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We went to Mai Fitz's in July for a family occasion, it was recommended to us by friends. We were delighted with the high standard of food we got. The waitress was really friendly & gave us plenty of time to order drinks and get settled before ordering. I had Seafood Chowder to start, it was really very nice and I could tell it was definitly homemade, with lots of different types of fish. Lobster was on the menu, and although i didn't fancy any of the classic sauces on offer, the waitress got the chef to make me a white wine sauce to go with my lobster. ..this kind of personal service does not happen in many restaurants these days. The lobster was cooked to perfection and i really enjoyed it. My family all had lobster exctept for my Brother-In-Law who chose the steak, he said it was tender and juicy. When he complemented the waitress on the steak she mentioned that the steak comes from a local butcher who gets the beef from local farmers. It's nice to see that high quality local produce is on the menu at Mai Fitz's. Dessert was an amazing Strawberry Romamoff, absolutely devine and a great end to a fantastic evening. Aside from the food, the staff were friendly and helpful, the lovely stone building is a beautiful setting, comfortable surrounds & excellent food at reasonable prices, what more could one want. We will definitly be back to visit Mai Fitz's again.

• Visited July 2011