We stayed at the Club Crocodile arriving at about 6pm after a big work day, and at the end of a particularly gruelling week, we are a husband and wife team working away from home.
We checked for local hotel rooms available on wotif but didnt book on wotif as we were driving right past.
Upon entering the hotel and enquiring with the receptionist she took one look at us and advised there were no deluxe rooms left which is what we wanted and what wotif said was available - she said that she had just sold the last deluxe but we could have a standard room!
We are very responsible, hardworking people and were looking for a little luxury as a reward for our hardwork. We did not appreciate being treated as unworthy, untrustworthy guests.
The standard room was horrible. It had been stripped off all trimmings as though we were going to damage something. The base of the beds were frayed and dirty and not even covered with a valance. The room was dirty, the door lock was almost handing off, the curtains didnt meet to block other guests looking in, the bathroom was horrible, the furnishings sparse and totally shabby, and the mini bar non existant. There were no glasses to use, no tea, coffee, sugar - absolutely nothing.
We kept checking wotif that night and the deluxe rooms remained available.
It did not appear as though there were many guests staying as the carpark was empty and all the guest rooms overlooking the restaurant were in darkness. The handful of guests who were in the restaurant all looked as disappointed as we did.
The meal we ate was so average and the one girl serving was also doing some food preparation, the waitressing and looking absolutely worn out and frazzled.
We stay away often in all sorts of motels from whatever is available, to really nice depending on our requirements; eg short or long stay, and this resort is so run down it is pathetic.
Overall we didnt like being judged and lied to by the receptionist, and we will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Croc Hotel Airlie Beach is a 3.5 Star hotel and your perfect base while exploring the magical Whitsundays. It offers the best value accommodation in the Whitsundays, with newly refurbished Superior, Standard and Family rooms, as well as cost effective, non-refurbished Budget rooms. The hotel is ideal for families, couples and groups of friends, featuring a large lagoon style swimming pool, heated spa, a bistro and bar, free BBQ facilities, free wifi and ample parking for your boat trailer or caravan. The hotel is only a short walk to the Whitsunday Shopping Centre, which includes Coles, a chemist, major banks and other specialty shops, and the Airlie Beach main street is only a 2 minute drive away. Please note that our restaurant and reception opening hours are seasonal and subject to change. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Croc Hotel Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Crocodile Resort, Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- Comfort Inn Airlie Beach
- Hotel Crocodile Airlie Beach