Our Disappointment started when we arrived at the car park. It looks nothing like in the photos.
Dirt, cracks, old chipped paintwork and signs; stains all up the carpeted hallway, painted Breezeblocks walls! (really! looks like a prison!) - and that was before we got to our room.
Shower was over the bath with a curtain. Stains & rust from the shower taps and head. White scum of some kind on the brown bathroom tiles ?! Stained bath had half the grip pattern on the base worn away from the years .... Hair-dryer didn't work, neither did the clock alarm, TV was limited.
No Toaster or microwave. Rust and Worn were the theme of the decor.
The Cafe & Bar were CLOSED our entire stay from Sunday to Thursday, Sept 2012. As there was only International Roast coffee, teabags and long-life milk available, we had to take the trip into town for even a cup of coffee.
The Swimming pool was scarey! The Waterfall was roped off and was breathtakingly ugly.
Reception closed at 6, so there was no-one around to quieten a noisy party.
Concrete all round was bare, stained and cracked. Check the dates on the reviews you read - most of the good/fair are about 3 yrs old.
The Chinese Restaurant next door had 2 customers. That's because it's awful. 2 meals cost $32 and mum didn't eat hers. I think we sent $25 worth back.
Beach - there isn't one! Across the road there is a pretty walking area and grass - but we came to the Whitsundays for beach. It is shells and mud and mangroves. You can't sit on it!
The only good thing was: Clean towels, room was serviced every day. But OMG - do yourself a favour and go somewhere else. I have never stayed in such a poor hotel and have pictures to back up my words.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Croc Hotel Airlie Beach is a 3.5 Star hotel and your perfect base while exploring the magical Whitsundays. It offers the best value accommodation in the Whitsundays, with newly refurbished Superior, Standard and Family rooms, as well as cost effective, non-refurbished Budget rooms. The hotel is ideal for families, couples and groups of friends, featuring a large lagoon style swimming pool, heated spa, a bistro and bar, free BBQ facilities, free wifi and ample parking for your boat trailer or caravan. The hotel is only a short walk to the Whitsunday Shopping Centre, which includes Coles, a chemist, major banks and other specialty shops, and the Airlie Beach main street is only a 2 minute drive away. Please note that our restaurant and reception opening hours are seasonal and subject to change. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Croc Hotel Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Crocodile Resort, Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- Comfort Inn Airlie Beach
- Hotel Crocodile Airlie Beach