“Amazing house, amazing hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Domaine Thierhurst

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nambsheim
Domaine Thierhurst
You added Domaine Thierhurst to your Saves list
Domaine Thierhurst, 68740 Nambsheim, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Nambsheim B&B and Inns
Spokane, Washington
“Amazing house, amazing hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was staying in Paris for a month on business, and decided to spend my last weekend in Alsace, at the encouragement of a French friend. Of the pictures I had taken, my friends back in the US couldn't even believe how beautiful and adorable the area was. I was incredibly lucky to find Domaine Thierhurst, and was astounded at how great the service, house, and surrounding area were. I only had a handful of days in the area, but I wish I would have planned more time to enjoy the region! I would encourage anyone in the area to stay here - it really was the best!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed just for 2 nights and had a wonderful time in Alsace.
Thanks to the landlord we could really use this short time and still see a lot of Alsace.
The place is almost 30 min by car from the wine-yards so using this place to tour Alsace by bike is perhaps not optimal. Optimal is in all other case the word to use about Domaine Thierhurst and the landlord and his wife.The dogs are also so nice

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I decided to go on an adventure for myself this spring, and travel around Europe alone for a month. I had heard of Alsace from a friend of mine who had visited and stayed at the Domaine Thierhurst a few years ago. He had nothing but positive things to say so I booked it and went. This was first time I had ever traveled alone, and I could not have felt more welcomed, taken care of, and essentially at home. The house, rooms, and grounds were so beautiful and idyllic, it was like a fairy tale, and the service, food and care provided by the Kinny family were impeccable. I was only there for 4 nights, but felt so taken in that I actually cried when I left. They were so helpful as far as telling me what I should see and how to go about it, and every small request was taken with seriousness and accomplished. I would absolutely love to go back... maybe next time with a boyfriend, since it was an exceptionally romantic place as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I've stayed a number of times at the Domaine Thierhurst, and wouldn't choose to stay elsewhere in Alsace. The accomodations are superb -- my room was very comfortable, with an ample bed and a veritable private spa as bathroom. The proprietors are very warm and welcoming, making the extra effort to make my stays memorable and enjoyable. The hotel is conveniently located close to Colmar, the wine route of Alsace, and the beautiful Black Forest area of Germany, including Freiburg. It also has the advantage of being out in the country, quiet and away from traffic, where you can enjoy beautiful views of the mountains, the ample opportunities to run and cycle, and, in summer, the private swimming pool. If quality, quiet, convenient, and comfortable are what you're looking for, you can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Both of the suites are excellent.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Spent a week at Domaine Thierhurst with my girlfriend while on a wine tasting trip. The room was very comfortable, the house and it's surroundings absolutely stunning and the hosts were fantastic. If you're looking for a beautiful, high end place to stay in the Alsatian countryside, you won't be disappointed. The best part was being able to drive only 20 minutes to get to Germany and experience the relaxing thermal baths of Badenweiler. Freiburg and its famous Saturday morning market are also worth checking out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

You will be treated like a guest at this terrific home in Alsace. The hosts are so welcoming and accomadating. The downstairs is where I stayed. I had a wonderful bedroom and the living room across the hall with a antique desk which was perfect for working since the house is blanketed with wi-fi. You can work and view the Vosge mountains or take a break and relax. I've been there in the summer too and the pool is heated and clean. This place is so much better than any of the hotels in the area and many fine restaraunts in Colmar are close by.

Room Tip: The upstairs room is smaller but nice bath.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Domaine Thierhurst? Share your experiences!