“Ideal place for vacation” 5 of 5 stars

You added Jumeirah Dhevanafushi to your Saves list
Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Meradhoo Island   |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Ideal place for vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Generally I don’t post many comments, but feel the need to do so for Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. I have just returned for the third time from a short break there but absolutely cant get enough of the island. The staff, management and the villas are top notch and I haven’t stayed anywhere that can compare to the tranquility of Jumeirah Dhevanafushi.
Already the warm welcome that is being extended during the arrival on the jetty makes you feel at home within no time. Breakfast at Azara (the main restaurant) is also a treat. What else to wish for than sitting in the sand, looking out to the sea with a glass (or two!) of champagne. I stayed in one of the Beach Sanctuaries, which I found extremely comfortable and spacious. The second bedroom is extremely good if you are travelling with children and the pool with its size is just amazing for a lazy day. The bed in the master bedroom is the largest I have ever seen and you can easily get lost in the bed. That is, if you wish to do so....
We also had dinner at Johara one night, which was as well an absolute pleasure from the service to the quality of food – just amazing. The best thing you can actually ask for almost anything you want and the staff is determined to prepare it for you!
Having said this I must say that beside the great ‘hardware’ it’s the staff that makes this place heaven on earth. From arrival to departure anyone you meet smiles and greets you in the most polite and generous manner. Everyone remembers your name and is at your service if you need them - still at the same time preserving your privacy. I have been to about 15 luxury resorts in the Maldives and its now my 3rd visit to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and for sure not the last one. If you are looking for total relaxation with a team around that makes you feel like you are part of their family do not hesitate to book this resort! It’s more than I can wish for and I am looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elena u
Chris E, General Manager at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Elena u,

Sunny greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on trip advisor following your visit to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. We are all delighted that we were able to exceed your expectation.

Your compliments about our colleagues are highly appreciated and I have shared them with the entire team at the resort. I am very proud that I am surrounded by these passionate and dedicated colleagues whom exactly know how to deliver a great quality service delivery with passion and drive.

On your next visit, apart from enjoying the genuine hospitality of our attentive team members, you will have an options of trying out newer experiences across the resort.

Our heartfelt thanks for your outstanding review and strong recommendation. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi in the near future. If I can be of any assistance with your next reservation, please do let us know.

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend and I spent 4 nights in Jumeirah Dhevanafushi in Jul for my birthday vacation. We stayed two nights in the beach revive and two nights in the ocean revive. I was expecting that ocean revive should be much better than the beach revive but after the staying, I would like to say both are very good with various advantages. (My friend actually prefer beach revive.) The beach revive locates at the main island therefore you can easily access lots activities in the neighborhood, for example, the SPA, restaurant & bar, main pool, diving center and gym. And there is a "real" private beach in front of the villa that you can even walk out to see the sunrise in the early morning. The ocean revive locates on the isolated small island (Ocean Pearl) and you can spend a wholly separated private life in the villa (there is a restaurant on the Ocean Pearl too). You can do the snorkeling directly from your villa and get lots beautiful scenes in the neighborhood (we did that with a guide of a staff from diving center).
The Spa is a very good one for the relaxing and the spa rooms are over the water where you can see some fishes. Special thanks to Jinoy, the massagist from India, who provided me great therapy during my stay. And the staffs at Spa are all very friendly that we had lots good conversation while I visited there.
Both restaurants on main island and Ocean Pearl are very good with different menus. You can try both while you staying at the different villas. I won't recommend the hotpot because as a Chinese i think the hotpot (or shabu-shabu) was not really to the standard it should be in Asia. : )
As for the best thing of this resort, I would say it only allows very few guests staying in it therefore you won't see lots people in the beach, swimming pool or restaurants. That is really important while we want to take a relaxing holiday in Maldives.
I would also like to say it is very value for money even it looks expensive on the rate. The meals included in the rate are really very good ones so I think it is good value for the costs.
I would like to thank all of the staffs that provided good services to us while we staying in the resort. Special thanks to the GM, Chris, that took good care of our requests and had a very prompt feedback when we pointed out some issues on the hotel guide. Not mentioned a surprise b-day gift of a complimentary 1-hour massage and a b-day cake. lol
If there is anything can be improved, I would say there are still very few staffs need to be further trained, for example, the house keepers might forget to wash the coffee cups or add the shower gels in the room. That is really a small matter but it could be nicer to further improved.

Room Tip: both beach revive and ocean revive are very good. if it is possible you should try both.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your stay at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. Your valuable feedback is very important for us to continuously improve all aspects of our service and deliverable qualities.

We are delighted that so many of our colleagues touched and were able to share in your memorable escape. Furthermore we are pleased that you enjoyed the numerous facilities on hand, from your room experience, to our award winning Talise Spa and the water sports activities.

Your valued comments with regards to the various services, have been taken on board by the team, in order to ensure meeting yours and others expectations.

Your compliments have been shared with Jinoy and the entire Spa team and they are all very appreciative of your kind words.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi, in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was one of the best trips till date. I been in the island only 2 full days, but i felt as if i rest for a week. Hotel staff are friendly, welcoming and pleasant people. Beach villa was what i really wanted.
I was disappointed that Hotel is located 1 hour domestic flight+ 20 min speed boat from Male international, i felt its too tiring, BUT i forget about everything once we reached the place. Its very quiet island, there is no noise, its amazing for relaxation. Privacy is TOP, sometime i felt its inhibited island with high class facilities :) You mind and soul are in peace. Spa treatment, provided by the Talise spa was at high level and soooooo relaxing.
Johara restaurant must to visit if you stay in main island, Black code miso one of my favorite dishes available there :) was sooo happy .

Now i know where to go if i need REAL REST ;)

Room Tip: For those who likes to walk on the beach - beach villas are better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Seniorita86,

Warm greetings from Jumeirah Dhevanafushi!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent visit to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. We are absolutely delighted that you felt truly relaxed whilst and after visiting us.

The villas at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi are designed specifically to give all our guests a 'home away from home' experience, so the team and I are delighted that you found it comfortable.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the treatment in our award-winning Talise Spa and I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the Spa team whom will be delighted.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

have stayed in other Maldives hotels but i Highly recommend this hotel.. the level of service is one of the best i have experienced.. all the staff and the management are extremely friendly and helpful.. this is where i will be staying in all future trips to the Maldives

Room Tip: half of the trip in the ocean revive and other half in island revive
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Chris E, General Manager at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Michael R,

Warm greetings from the Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Maldives!

We hope you had a comfortable and safe journey back home. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate that you were impressed by our exceptional personalized service as we are always willing and glad to cater to special requests.

Many thanks for your recommendation of our resort to other travelers and friends. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi in the near future.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It just like you we're part of the Island. Big game fishing is really exciting and joyful experience you will ever try. Don't miss it. High privacy of the villas made be feeling that the only couple we stay on the island. Food quality of Azura is exceptional high. Highly recommend their Lobster Dinner night.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Manes V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor, following your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed an intimate and relaxing holiday at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi.

Our generous size of our villas are exceptional, with a private swimming pool and the unique design which ensures complete privacy.

Your positive feedback is most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi in the near future.

Kind regards,

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have recently returned from the most amazing holiday I have ever been on. Everything about Dhevanafushi simply takes your breath away.

I travelled with my 4 year old daughter and other members of my family to my sister and brother-in-laws wedding. I was apprehensive taking my 4 year old to such a romantically idyllic location but from the moment we stepped off the speedboat, my apprehension quickly disappeared. All of the staff were extremely attentive and could not do enough to make our stay as memorable as possible.

The rooms are amazing. We stayed in a Beach Revive which had fantastic access to the beach for swimming and snorkelling. There are two sun loungers located on the beach at the bottom of your garden path - great for whiling the day away and enjoying a dip in the ocean to cool off every now and again.

We did a day trip to Picnic Island - this is a must do and I will never forget the sheer amazement I felt as out boat came to a stop just short of the island. Shah and Wazeem made the day very special and it will be something we remember for a very long time to come. Words cannot describe how beautiful this experience was.

The wedding itself was absolutely faultless. Rale and the rest of the team worked tiredlessly to make everything perfect and a fantastic day was had by all. Special mention has to go to the Bodu Boori dancers, who made my daughters day when they included her in their dancing and playing.

The was my first trip to the Maldives, and we will definitely be back. I wouldn't hesitate to visit Dhevanafushi again. Chris and his team make you want to return - the level of service is second to none.

Of course, I can't sign off without expressing my sincere thanks to Shah. He is AMAZING. He always has a smile on his face and is so eager to help with everything you request. He has a big fan in my 4 year old daughter, who loved the ride on the golf buggy and especially enjoyed the chocolate ice cream!!!

Amazing resort, amazing food, amazing service, amazing holiday!!! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris E, General Manager at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Eve P,

Thank you very much for this overwhelming review. We are all extremely happy that we were able to provide you the most unique and memorable experience with your family and wish to return.

We appreciate your precise and generous comments about your stay and experience. These are greatly valued, as this proves that we have been able to deliver our “Stay Different” promise, we offer to our valued guests, this which makes Magical Memories for all. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team on our monthly staff gathering at which all colleagues are mentioned are thanked and appreciated for their efforts.

Once again, thank you for sharing your amazing feedback. I am quite sure on your next visit, apart from enjoying the genuine hospitality of our attentive team members, you will have an option of trying out newer experiences across the resort.

Please do let us know if I may be able to assist you in any way with your return trip and it will be our pleasure to make the arrangement for you, kindly email me at chris.ely@jumeirah.com

Hope to see you again soon and keep in touch.

Regards,

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is amazing! My husband and I were guests here for eight nights in June. We left our four children at home and spent time on a second honeymoon. This resort and its employees delivered. We stayed in an Ocean Pearl Villa the entire time. The rooms are second to none. Our villa had three AC units so it was very comfortable. The rooms are huge and the beds are the biggest I have ever seen. The decor is very modern and clean. We had a fairly large pool, bathtub and shade outside and spent plenty of time outside. We had two tvs...one in the bedroom and one in the living room. We stayed on the sunrise side, number 29, and had great access to snorkeling right outside our villa. my husband saw a shark when he was out snorkeling.

Our butler Isam, was wonderful. He checked on us and took great care of us the entire time we were there. In fact, he set our phone up so that if we needed anything then we hit the speed dial button for him and he answered, day or night. This resort prides itself on taking great care of its guests. Each night when we came home, our butler had a treat for us....a hot fragrant bath on the deck, chocolate fondue, champagne, wine and cheese, coconut candies, flowers, music, you name it, they can do it. For our anniversary dinner, they closed one of the restaurants for the night for us. When we arrived, our table was set up on the beach with flowers and candles all around. We had staff waiting on just us. It was a clear night, so the moon and the stars were out....just beautiful. The French chef, Lionel, cooked up a fabulous beef Wellington for dinner. When we came home, there was a personal note from Chris and a huge bouquet of flowers. It was so perfect.

We did all of the available activities....diving-some of the best in the world, and I have been many places. The corals are some of the largest I have ever seen in my life, we saw turtles, rays, sharks, etc. snorkeling-same thing, tons of sea life, spa-it was so relaxing. We had couples massages in the spa. While you are on the table, the floor is glass, so you just lay there and watch the fish swim by...amazing, theme nights, sounds goofy, but the food was fresh, plentiful and yummy. I loved the food Lionel cooked up and my husband loved the pastry chef's creations. Speaking of food, it is expensive, but it is very good. I still don't know how they get such fresh food all the way to this resort. The berries in the morning were perfect, the juice was great, fabulous selection of wines, lobster, beef, you name it and they will do everything in their power to make it happen. I for one don't mind the higher prices for food since it was so good. I certainly don't want cheap crappy food on a vacation like this one. You know the price point when you book it.

Our favorite thing we did was take a day trip to picnic island. It is a secluded island with a pristine beach. They packed up the food and drinks we wanted, and dropped us off on the beach and left us with a satellite phone to call them when we wanted to come back. Absolutely a perfect day was spent with my husband! We had lounge chairs, shade, drinks, snorkel gear, etc. You simply must do this if you are visiting this resort. Do not miss it.

This is not really a place I would take children. It is small and more geared for couples. You might bring a child for a few days, but really, it is heaven for couples. Most people don't socialize much, but people are friendly. The staff is happy to chat if you want. We met Shasank, who was our waiter many days and he was so fun to chat with and helpful as well.

I also like that the Ocean Pearl Villas were away from the island. It makes you feel like you are away from everything. I enjoyed the boat ride to and from the island and did not find it to be inconvenient. I mean, are you really in a rush here?

The only snag that occurred was one of our AC units was not working properly in our living room. We simply called Isam and they immediately had someone come out to fix it. When we came home from Snorkeling, there was a bucket of ice and chilled champagne waiting for us, with an apology note for the AC not working. Really? As I said, this place and its service to its guests is amazing.

If you are looking for a party nightclub kind of place, go somewhere else. However, if you are looking for romance, relaxation, seclusion and privacy, this is the only place you want to be. Book it. I recommend this resort without reservation and can tell you it was the only place I wanted to be with my husband to celebrate. We could not have picked a more beautiful spot in the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ocean Pearl villas, number 29. It was towards the end of the villas, so it was mor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris E, General Manager at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear aggiemom4boys,

Wow! Thank you very much for this amazing and excellent review. I am pleased to hear that you were blown away by our exceptional personalized service provided by our colleagues and we were able to create so many positive and wonderful experiences during your stay with us. I am truly proud to work with a team of devoted professional individuals who possess a natural sense of genuine hospitality.

There is nothing more rewarding to know that our hard work and efforts are being recognized and appreciated. Your recognitions and positive comments will serve us as an inspiration to continue to deliver a consistent high level of service and go above and beyond. I will see that Isam, Lionel and Shasank are thanked for their efforts at our monthly colleague gathering and thank you for mentioning them by name as this inspires the whole team to be like them too.

My heartfelt thanks for the comprehensive feedback and strong recommendation, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi in the near future, if I can be of any assistance with your return booking please contact me on chris.ely@jumeirah.com