On the back end of a break to Jumeirah Vittaveli I stayed in Dhevanafushi for 5 days to check out the diving way down south. All I can say is - unbelievable! I was absolutely wowed every time I put my face underwater. I had the best diving experiences I have ever had in almost 20 years of diving. Best Dives Maldives who operate the DC there really gave me a diverse set of dives over 4 days. The resort is located in the Huvadhoo Atoll which is not far from the equator and not very well traveled by scuba divers or anyone else for that matter. You feel as if you are the first diver to experience the reefs they are so pristine. The water is crystal clear and the Corals are out of this world. With Best Dives experienced base leader Andy, he gives you the best of the best sites knowing exactly when and where to dive based on weather and tidal currents. Expect Sharks, Sharks and more Sharks, Tuna, Jacks, Turtles and a few more Sharks. Even snorkeling off the house reefs around the island is fabulous and easy. Got to say that villas are also out of this world. Huge, spacious and just really special to round off a truly magical stay. Will definitely be back as there is just so much more exploring to be done.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Hotel North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll
- Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Hotel
- Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Dhevanafushi is located in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, 400 km south of the capital city of Male. Guests arrive at Male International Airport and board a short 55-minute domestic flight to Kaadedhdhoo Airport in the Gaafu Alifu atoll. From there, guests are transported by a 15-minute speedboat ride to a secluded world of breathtaking luxury. Jumeirah Dhevanafushi is situated in a unique position of extraordinary beauty surrounded by unspoiled coral reefs, 10 kilometres from the nearest island. The uninhabited island covers an area of 44,000m² plus a unique ‘water village’, separated from the main island by 800m of pure coral reef. At the resort, there are two principle residence types, Revive and Sanctuary, each offering a choice of breathtaking views over island or ocean. Magnificently designed, with honey coloured timber flooring and soaring roofs, every abundantly sized room is inspired by traditional Maldivian architectural expressions. Thirteen beautiful Beach Revives are perfectly positioned by the ocean, while five Beach Island Revives and three two bedroom Beach Sanctuaries lie nestled amidst areas of rich flora, creating a distinctive residential feel. Spacious bedrooms with timber flooring and high ceilings include a separate study area, decorated with neutral colour palettes, infusing peace and calm; while a spacious open bathroom and shower create a space of graceful elegance. Occupying an island merely 800 metres away from the mainresort lies an exquisite cluster of over water villas offering intenselevels of extreme luxury. The profound extravagance of theOcean Pearls gives you the rare and delightful feeling of havingthe entire Maldives to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jumeirah International, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Jumeirah Dhevanafushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.