We arrived in Male from Dubai on the morning flight and from the moment we cleared customs the Huvafen Fushi staff were on hand to look after us. We were greeted and escorted to our waiting private speed boat (literally 2 mins walk from the airport terminal) and then transfered straight to the island which took around 35 mins.
on arrival we were introduced to the resort manager and our personal Butler or Thakaru - Ali who was great and looked after us for our entire stay. Ali was on hand to run us around the island on the courtesy buggy (the island is so small you don’t really need this, we liked walking everywhere.) and to book restaurants, spas or whatever activity we wanted.
We were checked in straight away in our room and given a full guided tour of the resort, the room we stayed in was number 27 and was a very private we weren’t overlooked by anyone and the outside deck and pool area was amazing.
The marine life was incredible! We often saw black tips sharks and stingrays from our pool area and deck (these are completely harmless) and lots of fish. The sea was very warm and there was great snorkeling around the island and even outside our own room.
The food and service was excellent drinks were reasonably priced which was a relief after the prices experienced in Dubai! The Fine dining restaurant was excellent and had a very good menu, the staff were very friendly and clearly really enjoyed working at the resort.
Breakfast was excellent and the range of things to try was great, fresh juices made to order and some good house specials all freshly made to order plus all of the usual buffet items. Room service was fantastic the Tandori Roti was our favorite as were the curries in the Celsius restaurant. I would love to go back just for the sweet corn soup! The cocktails were great and movie night was fun too, wine list was maybe a bit too big but lovers of red wine in particular will be impressed by the underground wine bunker...personally I felt the list needed updating as there was a big influence of Australian wines and maybe not enough reasonably priced European wines.....but that’s my only criticism!
The diving was good and the Dive Team were very friendly and professional, the house reef was great for a shore dive and there are too many other sites for the more experienced divers to mention.
We really enjoyed the Spa and my wife especially enjoyed the massage treatments in an incredible setting either over water or in the underwater spa. In general we found the island to be a very relaxing place and the room was great we spent more time in our room than we usually on holiday as the private pool and deck area was so nice (and it was our honeymoon after all!)
We were very sad to leave and would go back in a heartbeat; the resort really is exactly what you hope the Maldives to be and more…….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- July 2012 the iconic Huvafen Fushi, the first Per AQUUM Retreat, reopened after a complete refurbishment. The renovation covered all bungalows and pavilions with new interior finishes and a fresh look; the addition of a new outdoor sunset cocktail lounge area over the reef at Raw; and a remodeled Celsius with a deliciously creative evolution of all restaurant menus. Already an award winning retreat renowned for its trailblazing concepts, these new touches reaffirm the retreat's status as a leader in premium luxury and creative hospitality. A waking dream.Set within its own lagoon,Huvafen Fushi Maldives, a Per Aquum Retreat is a pristine island offering 43 naturally-modern bungalows.Home to the world's first underwater spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Escapio, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi Huvafen Fushi Island, Maldives