“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

35% off + HB & transfers
HAMPSHIRE
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had waited over 20 years to go to the Maldives so my expectations were high. I had always wanted to visit Huvafen Fushi and it certainly lived up to my expectations and really does have the WOW factor. From the moment we arrived I felt special. The staff are so genuine and sincere and always had a smile on their faces.
I stayed in a lagoon Bungalow which was stunning, very spacious and offered luxury in a really understated way. The water was very sheltered on this side which I liked as I am not a confident swimmer. The Bungalows are very private too.
The food was excellent and there was always a good choice.
The underwater Spa was a really unique selling point for this property. The fish were amazing and we even saw sharks.
It isnt a cheap destination but If you want understated luxury and a truly romantic experience then go to Huvafen Fushi. Once you have been, you wont want to go anywhere else. I have already planned my return visit.

Room Tip: lagoon bungalows are more sheltered from the sea breeze.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent 10 days at the Huvafen Fushi for our honeymoon. It was heaven. The room, the spa, the food and the ocean were all heaven.

Room: We stayed in an ocean bungalow. It was sheer luxury but very private and understated. We could've stayed at the bungalow the whole time and enjoyed ourselves, but we didn't.

Food: The food was excellent. We had the tasting menu twice at Salt as well as great breakfasts daily, and casual lunches by the pool. I live sushi and fresh seafood, so I was in heaven.

Spa: We enjoyed numerous 90 minute couples massages, did yoga at sunset and finished off our stay with a final spa therapy right before we took the ferry back to the airport.

The Ocean: The island reef is great snorkeling. We went twice daily seeing colorful fish, reef sharks and beautiful coral. We also adopted coral, which I highly recommend and had a romantic lunch for two on the sand bank. It was incredible.

Finally, the staff was incredible, supplying anything we needed, but also giving us a wide berth to enjoy our romantic holiday in seclusion.

My wife and I still reminisce daily about our stay there.

If you are looking for a romantic getaway, I can't think of a place better than the Huvafen Fushi.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my honeymoon with my one and only love, so it had to be special. After a lot of research and pouring over countless websites we booked at the Huvafen Fushi.

Firstly, the journey in. As with all hotels in the Maldives you'll have to take a boat or a plane. Huvafen Fushi is close to Male, only a 20 minute boat ride in good weather. We were promptly met at the airport and escorted to the boat. Everything was taken care of and we were made to feel special before we'd even gotten to the hotel.

Almost 30 minutes after we left the airport in the boat (the weather was choppy), we arrived at Huvafen Fushi. We were met by the General Manager and our thakuru, our personal butler called Fares. After a personal welcome and cocktail reception we were taken all of 50 yards to our bungalow. All we could say is wow. We had a stunning view of the crystal clear waters and a door which exited to the beach.

We must have spent the next seven days in bliss. The Huvafen Fushi management had been kind enough to upgrade us from half to full-board. We did everything from canoeing to diving, snorkeling, we took boat trips to the surrounding islands and spent a wonderful evening learning about the marine fauna in the Maldives. The highlight of our activities was planting our very own coral reef. Simply incredible.

As for the food and drink, again remarkable. We loved, simply loved the seafood, the local dishes, barbeques and everything else. We even enjoyed personal cooking lessons from their amazing chefs.

All in all, I haven't been to a hotel or a resort which has left as much of an impression as Huvafen Fushi. My wife simply didn't want to leave, and neither did I! If you go to one resort in the Maldives make sure it is this one!

Room Tip: Book on the beach rather than the sea villas. It's much more comfortable (and romantic).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

One of the most unforgettable places ever ! Starting from the arrival, where the speed boat awaits with the cool drink and amazing ocean view , untill u arrive and find the resort Manager waiting for you with a smile and amazing hospitalilty. I loved the fact that there is NO RECEPTION ! there's a guide that serves you whenever you need with anything you want. The underwater SPA was a dream come true , the details are untill perfection , they cared that even when ur lying down ,face to the floor during your massage , they put a mirror down there where you can still see the reflection of the beautiful water and the colorful fish! The chearful team , the amazing restaurants, the good food , the entertaining library, the ocean water round pool at the end of the walkway in the middle of the ocean, the fish feeding on sunset !! , the dancing and music in the evening and not to mention the Amazing bunglows and villas ! It keeps you wondering if you ever want to get out of your bunglow :)
It's a place to die for and definatly a place worth visiting at LEAST once in your life time !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was by far the most luxuries and dream like holiday I ever experienced. I loved that we were asked to take off our shoes the moment we arrived and we didnt put them back on until we departed. We stayed in the beach and water villa and both were exceptional beautiful. I can not wait to go back and experience it all over again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Looking for something to never forget? If so this is the place for you.
Huvafen Fushi is just incredible.
The staff are so happy, efficent and nothing is too much bother, the rooms are to die for.
The Spa is something else.....underwater! Andy (Spa Manager) and his incredible team leave you wanting to go back time and time again.
The food is out of this world with such a fabulous selection and variety.
The diving is amazing, Peter (water sports manager) and his great team make you feel super safe and are clearly very experienced in all the activities they offer.
I work in the 5 star Hotel business and this resort impressed me beyond anything I have experienced before.

Room Tip: All Rooms are amazing.
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

How often do you leave your holiday hotel fighting back the tears as you wave goodbye to the general manager and your personal butler? They, waving, on the jetty and you, speeding across the aquamarine lagoon in an immaculate chocolate-and-white speedboat en route to the airport.
This was our second visit and though I would never have believed it possible, it was even better than the first. I could tell you all about the beautiful white sand beaches, the stunning coral reef with dolphins, turtles, sharks (the friendly kind), octopus, lobsters, stingrays and thousands of colourful fish, fabulous bungalows complete with amazing sound system, lighting and other gadgets and a huge outdoor bathroom, the gym, the spa, the sunsets, the sumptuous breakfasts.....but you can see all of that on the website. What makes this the place you always dreamed of is the way you feel while you are here: not so much a hotel guest as the privileged house guest of a very happy and close family. Every member of the team has a smile, a greeting, and time to chat, from Marco the GM and Daniel the Head Chef, to Indika our waiter or the guys who sweep the beaches. What a wealth of experience is there! Nothing is too much trouble. Our likes and dislikes were picked up on immediately so that things started happening even before we'd thought of them ourselves. I can't think of anywhere else in the world I'd rather spend a week. In fact I just wish I was there....

Room Tip: The beach bungalows, though cheapest, are both the most convenient and private - and you're stra...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi? Share your experiences!