My wife and I spent 10 days at the Huvafen Fushi for our honeymoon. It was heaven. The room, the spa, the food and the ocean were all heaven.
Room: We stayed in an ocean bungalow. It was sheer luxury but very private and understated. We could've stayed at the bungalow the whole time and enjoyed ourselves, but we didn't.
Food: The food was excellent. We had the tasting menu twice at Salt as well as great breakfasts daily, and casual lunches by the pool. I live sushi and fresh seafood, so I was in heaven.
Spa: We enjoyed numerous 90 minute couples massages, did yoga at sunset and finished off our stay with a final spa therapy right before we took the ferry back to the airport.
The Ocean: The island reef is great snorkeling. We went twice daily seeing colorful fish, reef sharks and beautiful coral. We also adopted coral, which I highly recommend and had a romantic lunch for two on the sand bank. It was incredible.
Finally, the staff was incredible, supplying anything we needed, but also giving us a wide berth to enjoy our romantic holiday in seclusion.
My wife and I still reminisce daily about our stay there.
If you are looking for a romantic getaway, I can't think of a place better than the Huvafen Fushi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- July 2012 the iconic Huvafen Fushi, the first Per AQUUM Retreat, reopened after a complete refurbishment. The renovation covered all bungalows and pavilions with new interior finishes and a fresh look; the addition of a new outdoor sunset cocktail lounge area over the reef at Raw; and a remodeled Celsius with a deliciously creative evolution of all restaurant menus. Already an award winning retreat renowned for its trailblazing concepts, these new touches reaffirm the retreat's status as a leader in premium luxury and creative hospitality. A waking dream.Set within its own lagoon,Huvafen Fushi Maldives, a Per Aquum Retreat is a pristine island offering 43 naturally-modern bungalows.Home to the world's first underwater spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Huvafen Fushi, a Per AQUUM Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi, a Per AQUUM Retreat Huvafen Fushi Island, Maldives