“A super way to wait for your flight!” 5 of 5 stars

Hulhule Island Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hulhule Island, PO Box 2118   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hulhule Island
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
“A super way to wait for your flight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My dive group stayed here for the day while waiting for our flight. It was a pure pleasure to do so. A few of us bought the day ticket with pool option (highly recommended) and we enjoyed a pampered rest before our flight took us from paradise.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed here, as our flight arrived at night, and we were unable to take seaplane until the morning.
Really expensive basic hotel room.
Convenient shuttle to and from the airport, and helpful front office staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was only there because the we arrived at Male 11pm at night and had a connecting flight to our Island at 11am in the morning the next day. With children in tow we thought it was the easiest option for us.

After exiting the customs area the Hulhule staff were at the door with a sign waiting to transfer us to the hotel. It was a 2 minute ride to hotel and check in was fuss free because they already prepared the check-in forms. Service was good and the breakfast had a decent spread.

Price was obscene for a hotel of that standard but its the easiest if you are in transit.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
West Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel has a nice pool capable of a swim work-out, a small private beach and free shuttle to/from the airport which is also walking distance away. The rooms are pricy, but it's to be expected.

One annoying feature is the internet - you have to get access codes from the front desk and it costs $30 for 24 hours. However, it's free in the lobby...

Breakfast is pretty decent. Restaurants are not too bad either... a little on the pricy side, but it's the Maldives.....

All in all, for a transient hotel, it's really not too bad.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At all costs avoid the Hulhule Island Hotel
My week dive tour aboard Carpe Diem (fabulous) finished at 8am. My flight to Singapore was 1pm. Rather than wait around airport for 5 hours I decided to take a package called "day room" at Hulhule Island Hotel. Very expensive at USD 250. But staying at the airport for five hours seemed onerous. I wish I had.
When I arrived at Hulhule Island Hotel at 8.30 they said check in for the day room is not till 2pm. What “day” begins at 2pm !!!
If I wanted to check in before then it would cost USD 300 extra.
What a rip off.
So I had paid USD 250 to sit around the hotel pool. I had to leave before I could check in.
And what’s worse – what I saw of the hotel is very ordinary.
The hotel logo is “We Care For You”. Well, they couldn’t care less about me.
AVOID Hulhule Island Hotel

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used one of there packages to store my luggage, have a shower and eat as I had a long wait in Male. This is the only place you can buy alcohol in Male and is in an excellent location for the airport. There are free bus transfers to the terminals and a free ferry to the main island at restricted times. Spent some time having a beer by the pool though it's extra to use it and I didn't want to pack wet clothing. The is a garden area off the pool with sunbeds to relax on. It served a purpose and I would use it again if I had to wait for a flight.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

The hotel is big.lots of restaurants to choose. The rooms are big but not so clean:bad smell inside and its for sure because of the carpets that are really dirty!! Many choices of restaurants and a very nice sports bar with live music!very good breakfast!very nice staff!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hulhule Island Hotel? Share your experiences!