The location and the beaches are so beautiful that you would not want to leave this place. Nice bar with activities/events to engage people. Beautiful house reef. We saw all sorts of fishes, reef sharks, starfish etc etc but missed stingray :( . Common area and the beaches are just too stunningly beautiful. The italian restaurant has a very nice setting. We stayed in Beach villa and watervilla both. Beach villas are average. Only a few have unobstructed view of the beach. The main restaurant is too crowded and the buffet is repetitive and average. Internet is expensive and only available in common areas. All the club facilities are paid but then who goes to Maldives to play billiards and table tennis :).
However the whole experience changes when you are in water villas. Very peaceful, excellent and well thought decor of rooms, free internet, beautiful lagoon. You would see all kinds of fishes including rays and sharks sitting by the lagoon outside your water villa. The main restaurant for water villas is also very good and peaceful. We found the menu to be slightly different. They also serve you water there unlike the beach villa restaurant.
Go there for the location, beautiful beaches and setting, choose water villa for a bit of luxury, peaceful and beautiful rooms. Don't miss the sunset :) We sat through it everyday we were there.
Staff: Average, spend money and they would smile at you. They aren't rude though. They just seem too busy most of the time. They would greet you and everything but more like a checklist item
Rest is very good. In all, its definitely value for money.
Additional tip: Carry line-in cord if staying in water-villa. They have Bose speakers with line-in facility if you want to plug in your i-pod/i-pad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Lankanfinolhu Island