“Nice Resort” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   08420   |
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for a week....unfortunately our last two days were washed out due to monsoon rain..but apart from that the resort is very large compared to other resorts in Maldives..Its built for families which is what I wanted...The facilities provided were very very good..the only issue I had with this resort was the laid back attitude of the staff...all the staff are very very laid back & took their time in doing everything..whether it be Housekeeping to reception...the bar is nothing special...but more could be done to improve the ambiance of the bar as it is very dull...

The Spa is the best thing in the resort..the staff are very welcoming & friendly..yes it is priccey but worth the treatment!!

If ever I come back to Maldives..I will definitely be back to Paradise..

Room Tip: Get a room close to the restaurants & amenities as getting a room far way takes too long to walk...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and found everything good. We were three couples - 2 with toddler aged children, and it was a fabulous break. We had adjacent villas in good location, i.e., the 'right side' of the island, so we had no complaints. Otherwise, it could be hit and miss. We could see the ocean from our room/bed.

It was very easy to locate the resort's boat outside the airport, and it took about 25 minutes to reach the resort. Those suffering from sea sickness better take a pill, as the ride was VERY bumpy. Check in lasted 10 minutes, while we waited in the open lounge, sipping a cold complimentary drink. The first night, our beach villas were not available, so we were housed in the garden villa.... no view, but close to the beach. Since it was already evening when we checked in, we didn't miss much. The next day, we shifted to the superior beach view bungalows.

Our accommodation was nothing spectacular, but again, no complaints from me, since I had read the reviews here and had no big expectations. I and hubby paid about £175 per day, per villa for half board (including return speedboat transfers), and I think it is one of the best deals you can get in Maldives. Yes, it was off season and rained on all days except our check in day, but it was so hot the first day that we were glad of the rains!

The room - or rather, villa - itself had everything needed for a comfortable stay - firm bed, refrigerator, kettle, ample storage, a closed and an open bathroom with all the usual toiletries, and a nice patio overlooking the ocean. The day beds and the "foot wash" area were a nice touch.

Food - good buffet spread, I pigged out on all days and enjoyed the food (not sure why there are so many comments here saying that it is not so good - IMHO, it is HUGE and tasty). We were on half board, and could comfortably miss lunch. We did go to the Italian restaurant couple of times.

Service was adequate, albeit a bit cold. One day, smiles everywhere, the next, everyone seemed glum. We are not the sort of people who obsess about smiley faces from the staff, but I can imagine it being bothering others. Generally, the staff were polite and answered our queries promptly, but a few seemed to resent it when we asked too many questions. They didn't SAY anything, but.... you get the idea.

It's not a small resort, but I liked it. I could not imagine staying in a smaller resort - but that's me... I like to stretch my legs, feel like there is still places I could explore. You can go around the entire resort in an hour, if you are walking leisurely. As elaborated in other reviews, all activities cost money, with the exception of table tennis room (it's free!). My friends did the diving package and enjoyed it. I went to the spa, where the service was genuinely warm and the massage itself was very good.

Entertainment - I am the kind of traveller who is happy to just relax in the patio, gazing at the ocean... but even I like some action once in a while! Every evening, after dinner, something's happening in the bar / ball room - karoke or light music or thumbola etc... it was dance night one of the days, and it was a welcome relief to sway to the beat - in the beginning, only the kids were dancing but in an hour or so, the place was rocking, with everybody from couples to grandmas laughing and cheering each other on :)

As a bookaholic, I was disappointed to notice that there is no library there... rather, there is a small bookshelf with ONLY german translations of popular potboilers! So if you like to read during vacation, better bring your own books / kindle.

Since the island is close to India, there are quote a few Indian guests, but I also saw plenty of Japanese and German tourists. The resort itself never appeared crowded or noisy.... For the off-season rate we paid, I think Paradise resort is wonderful value - as long as you don't expect luxury or impeccable service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Perfect Destination for honeymooners and families as well..
Stayed at paradise island resort- 2 days at superior beach bungalows and 2 days at water villa
Excitement started from Clicking pics from airplane. Water boat picked us and around 40 mins time , temperature was around 31 deg.. Welcome drink and cold towel made the arrival in the resort wonderful.
Always ask for a map before you decide the room you want to stay..
I opted for room no. 241 (superior beach bungalow) gave me instant access to beach and view of water villas. It was awesome to be there.3rd day it was time to go to water villas.. and i got room no. 749 superb ambiance.
All the bars are wonderful, restaurants offer variety of food with nice deserts. Cuisines includes Indian, continental. Good variety of Veg and Non Veg Food. Room Services are good but a bit slow.
everything has cost - resorts gives 2 500ml water bottle free and than its chargeable. 500 ml water bottle cost 2.5 USD and 1 litter bottle cost 3 usd
40 ml Alcohol chose any brand will cost you at least 5 USD, Cigarettes USD 5 and above
all above are cost add 6% taxes to each.
Scenic Beauty - go to any place you will find the resort beautiful. The water is above knee height..

if you want a PRIVATE DINNER AT BEACH ask at reception. people at the resort do not tell inform regarding the various services that they offer at cost.
What i didnt like about the resort:
You have to inform reception to get your room clean and provide water.
Breakfast was almost same not much options..
At time of leaving the resort--- no water was given to us, the gesture was you are anyways leaving why should we bother, No one was paying attention, no smiles just COLD DEPARTURE.
overall experience fabulous except the departure...

Room Tip: must stay at water villa, i stayed at room no 749 superior beach bungalows room no. 241- ask for r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Paradise Island Resort & Spa is perfect romantic place. Its separate private island near airport. I stayed in superior beach bungalow.Resort services & amenities are good.
various food option are available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Located on an island, Paradise Island Resort and Spa is one of the best places that I have stayed in making my life's most memorable trips. Good and spacious rooms, great Italian restaurant along with sea side bar makes the place all the more great. In all, its a perfect place to be with your life partner, enjoying the cool sea breeze. Overall, 5 stars for this great place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Resort is located amidst Indian Ocean with a breath taking view of crystal clear water on four sides. This is the best place if u want to just relax n rejuvenate. Hotel staff are very helpful and polite and I specially mention Luthfi who was very helpful . If I have another chance I ll head to paradise ahain

• Stayed June 2013
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Chose this resort for our honeymoon and after a great deal of research went with the Water Villa on this property. Right from entry to the time we checked out the experience was just amazing and breath taking.

Pros:
####
1. The resort is exactly as beautiful as the pictures if not more.
2. The water Villa is very well maintained, the staff is extremely courteous and housekeeping is done thrice a day to ensure the room always remains spick and span.
3. There is no room service : while people might put this under cons is rate it as pro since then you are forced to move to a restaurant for your dinner which on it's own is a beautiful experience. Farumati was our favorite.
4. The main bar has happy hours every day :-)
5. Snorkeling equipment is available on rent and the resort is such beautifully located that you can go about exploring the see on your own without any guides.
6. The resort new our arrival date and time and made sure that the Air Conditioning of the room was already switched on so that we arrive in the room at a comfortable and controlled temperature.

Cons:
####
1. I guess the check-in could be a little quicker but i honestly did not mind cause the time it took for them to get the paper work done they seated us at the main bar and served us complementary drinks.

All in all amazing experience. The staff is very polite and resort is very kept.
If you are going as a couple i recommend the Water Villa.

Room Tip: try the couples Spa it's just mesmerizing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!